difference between STS4 1sg and Platinum Edition STS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, difference between STS4 1sg and Platinum Edition STS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know the difference between a 2007 STS4 1sG and a Platinum Edition sts? does the Platinum Edition come ...
    STS-4000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-4 1SG, ACC, HUD, F55/FE3

difference between STS4 1sg and Platinum Edition STS?

Does anyone know the difference between a 2007 STS4 1sG and a Platinum Edition sts? does the Platinum Edition come with more features or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: difference between STS4 1sg and Platinum Edition STS?

Platinum edition has an upgraded, leather wrapped interior. Much like the STS-V. And I'm talking everywhere. The insides of the door pockets on each door are lined in leather. Very nice interior. Doesn't have the soft padding under it like the cts does, but the leather itself is a much higher quality, and is in a lot of places where the CTS goes with plastic. Also, on the regular STS platinum, the wood is upgraded. Attached pics are of my V.
    Attached Images

In the pic of the steering wheel if you look above the wheel on the top of the dash you'll see some stitching. Other than that the pics are self explanitory.

----------

Option-wise, I don't know if going with platinum automatically meant you were fully loaded. In other words I'm not sure if "platinum" was a standalone option. I also believe the leather on the seats is upgraded.

----------

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/1068...ons/index.html

Also on this wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_STS-V of the STS-V, the "appearance" section, last part says
    "For the interior, the STS-V also has upgraded leather and suede trim contracted from the German company Dräxlmaier, whose prior credit includes the Maybach 57/62. Interior color choices were Ebony and Gray, both of which are offered on the standard STS as well, and a two-tone Ebony/Tango Red scheme which was unique to the STS-V."

I'm sure the same goes for the non V interiors. This is probably why I was just quoted $2600+ for a replacement dash +$550 labor.

Long story short, got tints, they spilled water on the dash, dried out the natural oils, 3 hours of sunshine later, permanent damage to the leather. Currently seeking legal advice, but LUCKILY i have dated video of my dash in perfect condition the DAY PRIOR, because the owner of the tint shop is refusing to cough up the 3k+. Doesn't want to make an insurance claim. Well I haven't revealed to the owner that I have this video. Awaiting further legal advice and am absolutely ready and willing to sue.

STS-4000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-4 1SG, ACC, HUD, F55/FE3

Ah okay, now I see the difference. gezz that leather is expensive!

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 129k

Wish I had that leather trim in my car! One of the few things I don't like about this car is the material used for the dash, console, and doors...Can't stand that plastic crap nor the "soft" padded rubber-type material on the doors and dash. If there's one thing I can knock Cadillac for on this car it's the quality of materials used in the interior...Very sub par for its original sticker price.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I got v door panels in mine. Totally upgrades the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    I got v door panels in mine. Totally upgrades the interior.
    I bet it does! If I'm ever flush with cash and can spare the expense of 4 V door panels I may go down that route.
    Past Cadillac's

Can you tell me the cost of a front and a rear v door panel?

Oem like 1200 a pop. Salvage yard 450 shipped for all 4.

Vs have suede that the platnium does not.

If the forum wasn't so retarded about posting pics I'd share but I'm on the app and it sucks.

Salvage yard?? Wow. I'm surprised there are so many of these cars there especially a platinum. Yep forgot about the suede. Well if you're interested in completing the look, when I get my new dash ill be looking at getting rid of my dash, obviously discounted due to the damage. Definitely would still be an upgrade though. If you're interested I'll send you pics of the damaged dash.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

However, also like the V, the Platinum is not available with ACC. I won't willingly buy another modern car without it. (Naturally, classics are excepted.)

I'm not sure, but I think that also means no HUD since those options were linked until the 2nd generation STS.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    I won't willingly buy another modern car without it. (Naturally, classics are excepted.)
    100% agreed, can't imagine having to actually adjust the cruise manually again...You realize how awesome it is when you drive a car that doesn't have it..."What? I have do this myself?"
    Past Cadillac's

First world problems. Ah what is this metal thing I have to stick in my car to start it? I have to press a button on this remote to get into my car?!? Ah jeez there's a car in front of me and I have to press my foot down 3 inches to slow my car down. How many speakers?? 14?? Nah 15 or better for me. My ear deserves the finest sounds. Why aren't there speakers in your seats?? Etc etc. believe me I'm just as spoiled as you guys.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

It is so easy to get used to these conveniences but they also offer other values:

1. Chrysler was paid to conduct an ACC study that concluded that when 20% of cars in moderate to heavy traffic used ACC, delays were reduced by 80%.
    2. Keyless/proximity entry like in the STS is demonstrably safer in that the car locks itself every time the driver exits and opens upon need.
    3. Likewise with keyless start. A driver can leave the scene in far less time.
    4. Onstar and other generally available features provide levels of safety and security far above cars of previous generations.

Sure, I'm pampering myself. But I'm also comforted that my wife isn't as likely to feel the stress of getting lost or can find her way easily. If I had kids, would it be worth $20 a month to have the car call for help if/when they hit a telephone pole? You betcha!

I love these cars and am looking forward to the next generation.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    Salvage yard?? Wow. I'm surprised there are so many of these cars there especially a platinum. Yep forgot about the suede. Well if you're interested in completing the look, when I get my new dash ill be looking at getting rid of my dash, obviously discounted due to the damage. Definitely would still be an upgrade though. If you're interested I'll send you pics of the damaged dash.
    Yea I'm interested. Let me know how much. I have the v console and door panels.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    However, also like the V, the Platinum is not available with ACC. I won't willingly buy another modern car without it. (Naturally, classics are excepted.)

I'm not sure, but I think that also means no HUD since those options were linked until the 2nd generation STS.
    08+ can get platnium with acc

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.