Bluetooth Pairing/Functionality...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Bluetooth Pairing/Functionality... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm have an iPhone 4 and am looking at upgrading to something a little newer. One of my biggest irritations ...
    ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Bluetooth Pairing/Functionality...

I'm have an iPhone 4 and am looking at upgrading to something a little newer. One of my biggest irritations is the deafening tone that the iPhone sends to the STS most of the time it makes it's first call since ignition on. I'm looking toward the Samsung Galaxy S4. Anyone here have experience with this? Any known problems pairing or history of that horrible sound on first call? I'm not too interested in selecting a phone that doesn't play well with the STS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dustinrw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac sts 4.6 White Diamond
    I have a i5 and it's fine. I have not had any issues. Only thing I don't like is it not pairing itself very time I get in the car. I have to pair it manually every time. But as far as sound issues and stuff I have no complaints

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Yeah that buzz tone is VERY annoying!!!

The needing to pair all the time is because you need to see the "default" device on the car to tell it to connect to that phone by default.

I moved to the HTC One rather than the S4 due to the USA model S4 being neutered. The UK model comes with an 8 core processor, which the USA model is only 4 core.
    I figured since the One and the S4 are both a 4 core phone I might as well get the phone that has decent speakers on it and the One was chosen. I do miss the iPhone integration though. So I tether my phones together so I have Pandora from the iPhone integrated into the nav.

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55

Re: Bluetooth Pairing/Functionality...

Try this, Start your car, (Not moving )and let the screen default to whatever screen and:
    press config, then bluetooth, Highlight your phone,then select it,
    when you see your device, press default, it will underline,
    your device, then next time it (Should) auto connect.
    I have an OLDER phone, phone only,
    Not even a camera, (remember those)
    And even that, it sometimes does not connect,
    If I am on a longer trip, I check it connected FIRST.
    Happy Motoring

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by dustinrw View Post
    I have a i5 and it's fine. I have not had any issues. Only thing I don't like is it not pairing itself very time I get in the car. I have to pair it manually every time. But as far as sound issues and stuff I have no complaints
    same exact issue I have

phone works fine with my company car through...A Ford with their Sync system

to be honest I have given up on the STS bluetooth a few years ago...its never played well with any phone I had

Warren

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I don't have much trouble, but my wife does. She has one caller who just simply can't talk with her through the STS Bluetooth. Weird.

----------

Both phones are LG; hers is newer!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Anyone who is having issues with their phone not automatically connecting look up at subsailor613's last comment.

On an other note, people who talk to me when I'm using bluetooth complain that they hear themselves echo.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Mine connects automatically (Razor M).

Though at times, if I'm listening to a cd, the music doesn't get muted. I have to hang up on the person, mute the music manually and then call them back. It happens about 30% of the time (when listening to CD's).

I know for a fact iPhone 3GS and 5 pair automatically as well. And yes there is the occasional screw up like malatu says.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    [P]eople who talk to me when I'm using bluetooth complain that they hear themselves echo.
    While connected on one of these calls, lower the volume (either by steering wheel controls or dash control) until it gets hard for one of the call participants to hear the other. Turn it back up just a bit. Hang up & try again.

Any better?

I've found there's a tendancy to turn it up the STS Bluetooth too much and your caller is hearing themselves through your speakers. Digital cell phones may have outstanding call clarity and supress noise, but there's latency in the conversation. I think it's another example of 'negative progress'.

Ill try

caponeque is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Last weekend I installed a Lock Pick in my 07' STS. Since that time my Bluetooth function has not worked at all. My navigation still works fine. Any suggestions. Thanks

Totally unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by caponeque View Post
    Last weekend I installed a Lock Pick in my 07' STS. Since that time my Bluetooth function has not worked at all. My navigation still works fine. Any suggestions. Thanks
    Capone, I'd post that issue again, only in the official STS lockpick thread. See link below.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...thread-28.html

Relate27 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4 1SB

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    While connected on one of these calls, lower the volume (either by steering wheel controls or dash control) until it gets hard for one of the call participants to hear the other. Turn it back up just a bit. Hang up & try again.

Any better?

I've found there's a tendancy to turn it up the STS Bluetooth too much and your caller is hearing themselves through your speakers. Digital cell phones may have outstanding call clarity and supress noise, but there's latency in the conversation. I think it's another example of 'negative progress'.
    I have the Galaxy S4 and before that the EVO 3d and both of my phone had an echo in them. I don't even try connect my phones to bluetooth anymore it was so bad. I will try this little tip and see if it helps. Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.