Bluetooth Pairing/Functionality... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Bluetooth Pairing/Functionality... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I was on a phone call, lowered the volume to where you could barely hear, hung up, called again, ...
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Bluetooth Pairing/Functionality...

So I was on a phone call, lowered the volume to where you could barely hear, hung up, called again, and the volume was still at that low level. Turned it back up to where I could hear and the person on the other end still heard themselves echo. Maybe a firmware update will help? I have to do this anyway because my nav stuff doesn't show up on the HUD. Hopefully that solves that problem at least.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Sorry to hear that trouble persists. That volume dodge has helped some with mine.

I'm not aware of any firmware upgrade for 2008 & up but maybe the V is different. The 2005-7 Nav firmware upgrade did nothing for the HUD/Nav integration. Yoiu've got some other issue there.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-show-hud.html
    According to this old thread which you happen to have posted in (I see you've been around for a minute) jbstar had some kind of update done that solved this problem on his 2009. Is the update he speaks of a firmware update or am I misunderstanding. Please let me know. Thanks.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

The update is to the firmware. The problem in that thread hasn't been talked about much in the time I've been around and I don't get the impression it's really common. You can definitely check with the dealer though since there seems to be some for of legitimate fix for some problems in 2008+ cars.

Thanks for that.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Memory failed me; one more proof of my mortality. Ain't life grand?

I knew the 2008 & up didn't require the 2005-7 upgrade but obviously, they still didn't have it right.

Guy - Thank you soo much for finding that thread. I had lost the 'code' needed to read the firmware levels on gen 2 Nav units. This was one of my favorite bits of STS trivia. I hope it benefits another member.

Yeah it's pretty cool. I punched the code in and looked at my various versions of whatever (I don't understand all that computer crap) and they matched yours after your update way back in January of 09.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.