Cadillac customer service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guy.Seminerio
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Cadillac customer service in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is this a real Cadillac customer service or someone looking to collect vin numbers. I mean they offer no real ...
    B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    Is this a real Cadillac customer service or someone looking to collect vin numbers. I mean they offer no real help or suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Cadillac customer service

Hello B1n2fra,

We are definitely a part of the Cadillac Customer Care team. We unfortunately are not technicians or engineers, so we are not able to assist with technical questions. Our work is in customer relations and we are able to assist in multiple ways, such as be a liaison between the dealership and yourself, run checks on your VIN, and we also document concerns our customers are having and make sure they are received by the correct group. Are you currently experiencing an issue that you would like me to assist with?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello B1n2fra,

We are definitely a part of the Cadillac Customer Care team. We unfortunately are not technicians or engineers, so we are not able to assist with technical questions. Our work is in customer relations and we are able to assist in multiple ways, such as be a liaison between the dealership and yourself, run checks on your VIN, and we also document concerns our customers are having and make sure they are received by the correct group. Are you currently experiencing an issue that you would like me to assist with?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I've often wondered what exactly is your business model and process flow? You document concerns where? And make sure they are received by what correct group? I had/have an issue with engine noise in my STS and had several exhanges with Cadillac Customer Svc and nothing became of it. Could you elaborate on the role and purpose of the Cadillac Customer Care Team? Thanks.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    FWIW, I've been contact with Customer Care for over 3 months, because my dealership refused to cover a simple part warranty claim. The first customer care rep I spoke to was utterly useless. He agreed that there was no reason that it shouldn't be covered, but did nothing but essentially relay what I told him to the dealer, and then call and give me their reply. I had already had this conversation with the service manager the day I was at the dealer, so I don't see what the customer service rep thought he was going to accomplish.

I talked to 5 more reps from customer care! All of whom agreed that the part should be covered, all of whom were appalled and one of whom "ashamed" by the dealers refusal to honor the warranty, but only the 6th person did more than agree and apologize, and actually got a result.

vrodguy08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    FWIW, I've been contact with Customer Care for over 3 months, because my dealership refused to cover a simple part warranty claim. The first customer care rep I spoke to was utterly useless. He agreed that there was no reason that it shouldn't be covered, but did nothing but essentially relay what I told him to the dealer, and then call and give me their reply. I had already had this conversation with the service manager the day I was at the dealer, so I don't see what the customer service rep thought he was going to accomplish.

I talked to 5 more reps from customer care! All of whom agreed that the part should be covered, all of whom were appalled and one of whom "ashamed" by the dealers refusal to honor the warranty, but only the 6th person did more than agree and apologize, and actually got a result.
    Yeap if only dealerships were that way when you go into to buy a vehicle. Funny how the attitude changes the minute you sign that sale sheet.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

MC,

so you did get a resolution to your AIR pump situation?
    i just was walking past your old AIR pump today and thought to send you a message to check and see if that had been resolved

vrodguy08,

not all dealers are the same ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcaddybuyer View Post
    I've often wondered what exactly is your business model and process flow? You document concerns where? And make sure they are received by what correct group? I had/have an issue with engine noise in my STS and had several exhanges with Cadillac Customer Svc and nothing became of it. Could you elaborate on the role and purpose of the Cadillac Customer Care Team? Thanks.
    Hello oldcaddybuyer,

Concerns and issues are documented into an internal source that is shared throughout the company and can be accessed by multiple departments. We are here to answer product questions. When there is a vehicle issue, we act as a liaison between the customer and the dealer. In our motto the dealer is who offers the frontline technical support. We will work with the dealer to make sure all the proper internal resources are leveraged. If the dealer is unable to solve the vehicle issue, we will work with the proper internal sources to see if there are additional actions that can be taken.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

thanks for clarifying this Laura ... there has been a lot of assumption and misunderstanding of your position, role and ability among the membership here

in the future this thread will serve as a good place to point people who need this clarified still
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

vrodguy08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    thanks for clarifying this Laura ... there has been a lot of assumption and misunderstanding of your position, role and ability among the membership here

in the future this thread will serve as a good place to point people who need this clarified still
    These forums are also a good place to vent...especially when your dealership does nothing for you except try and rip you off.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Do these things happen at rolls Royce dealers? Or do their owners just not care because they're so damn rich.
    vrodguy08 likes this.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    MC,

so you did get a resolution to your AIR pump situation?
    i just was walking past your old AIR pump today and thought to send you a message to check and see if that had been resolved
    Supposedly everything's all set. I have an appointment Monday morning, but customer service wants to make sure the part is installed and working before we get rid of the part. I'll let you know on Monday.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    Do these things happen at rolls Royce dealers? Or do their owners just not care because they're so damn rich.
    You don't have to go that high up the chain. Lexus prided themselves on customer service when the brand was introduced, and as far as I hear, it's remained that way. My aunt has bought 3 new Accords from the same dealer starting in '01, and their service has been phenomenal since day 1.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Gotcha. And I know for a fact there are caddy dealers out there that do an outstanding job with service but clearly poor service is prevalent. If I have a Nissan, and I take it to the Nissan dealer, I expect outstanding work. If the things that I've seen on this site, on all different forums, cts, sts, my experiences in the v forum, happened at a NISSAN dealership I'd be freakin pissed! LET ALONE a Cadillac dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.