#2 Key FOB Memory
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, #2 Key FOB Memory in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently purchased a 2006 Cadillac STS. The problem I am having is getting the #2 FOB to work for ...
    vrodguy08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

#2 Key FOB Memory

I recently purchased a 2006 Cadillac STS. The problem I am having is getting the #2 FOB to work for the memory settings for the seat etc. #1 works 100% but for the life of me I can not get #2 to work. If you press the driver2 in the Nav system all settings that I programmed into it will function. I have replaced the batteries and no change.

I am at a loss and getting frustrated.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1crock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4

Re: #2 Key FOB Memory

It might be programmed as #3 or #4 in which case it won't work. I reckon reprogramming may be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by 1crock
    It might be programmed as #3 or #4 in which case it won't work. I reckon reprogramming may be in order.
    Assume this needs to be done by the dealer?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

no, there is a post in the sticky that tells you how to reprogram them.

Basically you need a metal key and some spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    no, there is a post in the sticky that tells you how to reprogram them.

Basically you need a metal key and some spare time.
    Hate to be a pain but I can not find the sticky?
    Sorry.

Never mind found it.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

The Canadian government gave their Cadillac dealers a repeat business program. Owners of those cars will need to take them to someone with a Tech II to reprogram fobs from scratch.

For the rest of us, just leave all the fob's far away when you start the procedure and go get each one when it's requested and do not skip steps.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    The Canadian government gave their Cadillac dealers a repeat business program. Owners of those cars will need to take them to someone with a Tech II to reprogram fobs from scratch.

For the rest of us, just leave all the fob's far away when you start the procedure and go get each one when it's requested and do not skip steps.
    At the dealer right now getting done.

Ok so car spent the morning at the dealer for...nothing.

I live in Canada and this car was brought up from the USA. Dealer here tells that if they wipe out the fobs and try and re program the car may not be able to start. They claim the programming between Canada and the USA is different. So for now FOB #1 works 100% FOB #2 only starts the car and unlocks the doors. The memory recall and command start portion is non operable on FOB #2

Wondering if anyone else has had this same problem?

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

So it's a US car. Reprogram the fobs in accordance with the directions in the manual or up in the sticky like previous members have said. You can do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    So it's a US car. Reprogram the fobs in accordance with the directions in the manual or up in the sticky like previous members have said. You can do it yourself.
    Ok so I faxed those direction to the dealer. The dealer here claims they spoke to a tech in the states and advised that if this does not work and wipes out all the fobs and then does not take the reprogramming there will be no way to start the car? I am now scared to try it.
    I guess the fob programming used in the US cars is different from the one used in Canadian shipped cars. And the dealers in Canada can not get or use the American programming.

ddgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by vrodguy08 View Post
    Ok so I faxed those direction to the dealer. The dealer here claims they spoke to a tech in the states and advised that if this does not work and wipes out all the fobs and then does not take the reprogramming there will be no way to start the car? I am now scared to try it.
    I guess the fob programming used in the US cars is different from the one used in Canadian shipped cars. And the dealers in Canada can not get or use the American programming.
    Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by ddgm
    Where are you located?
    Sk Canada....why?

ddgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Just wondering if you were near the border, a phone call and day trip may solve your problems. You should be able to reprogram the #2 fob according to the manual. Did you try it?

Doug

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I've done both cars a few times.

Soone after I got mine (it was #2) I decided to test if I could make 1 fob work with both cars. That answer is no. The matching procedure changes both the fob and the car.

If yours is a car built for the US and your fob part numbers match my recent post to a fellow that bought a repo, you will not have an issue. I fear your dealer is feeding you BS or was speaking to the source of that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    I've done both cars a few times.

Soone after I got mine (it was #2) I decided to test if I could make 1 fob work with both cars. That answer is no. The matching procedure changes both the fob and the car.

If yours is a car built for the US and your fob part numbers match my recent post to a fellow that bought a repo, you will not have an issue. I fear your dealer is feeding you BS or was speaking to the source of that BS.
    Do you have the link to that post?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.