#2 Key FOB Memory - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, #2 Key FOB Memory in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just go back a page or two. Repo is in his title. You can't miss it....
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: #2 Key FOB Memory

Just go back a page or two. Repo is in his title. You can't miss it.

REGGAEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8

had same problem as you found the post about programing fob did not have any problems both 1 and 2 work perfect.Will not make it so your car will not start.

vrodguy08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hahaha This story just keeps getting better and better. So I filed a complaint with GM Canada in regards to this issue. The guy from GM Canada calls me back and says I would have to buy 2 new FOBS because there is a difference between Canada and the USA. I said ok prove to me that the FOBS used in a USA destined Caddy are a different part number then the ones used in a Canadian destined Caddy. He was speechless. I also said why is it I had to pay my local dealer to learn that there is a possible problem re programming fobs between Canada and USA. Now according to this guy at GM Canada GM technicians in the USA have discovered there is a known programming issue with these vehicles going from one country to another. So to him I said ok if this is a known issue then why did my dealer charge me to tell me this? Should there not of been a bulletin that went out on this years ago? Should my local dealer of not seen that when they enter the VIN # into there system?
    What a load of horse manure.

TERRIBLE GM CUSTOMER SERVICE

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I've been active here for more than four years and enjoy reading posts from members to the North. None have reported the owners manual being wrong; just a bit hard to understand.

You're getting a run-around. Just like you did before, be patient. Ask logical quesstions. Make them match your fobs for free if it's worth it to you.

Alternatively, with a US market car, you can do it yourself if you want!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by vrodguy08 View Post
    hahaha This story just keeps getting better and better. So I filed a complaint with GM Canada in regards to this issue. The guy from GM Canada calls me back and says I would have to buy 2 new FOBS because there is a difference between Canada and the USA. I said ok prove to me that the FOBS used in a USA destined Caddy are a different part number then the ones used in a Canadian destined Caddy. He was speechless. I also said why is it I had to pay my local dealer to learn that there is a possible problem re programming fobs between Canada and USA. Now according to this guy at GM Canada GM technicians in the USA have discovered there is a known programming issue with these vehicles going from one country to another. So to him I said ok if this is a known issue then why did my dealer charge me to tell me this? Should there not of been a bulletin that went out on this years ago? Should my local dealer of not seen that when they enter the VIN # into there system?
    What a load of horse manure.

TERRIBLE GM CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Hello vrodguy08,

I apologize about your experience you have had with our customer care team in Canada, as well as the key fob issue you are having with your STS. Even though we are a US based team, I would like to document your concerns you have had and send them along to the right team within our organization. Could you please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage and dealership you have been working with? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.