2005 STS V6 Bose deluxe 8 speaker sound
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2005 STS V6 Bose deluxe 8 speaker sound in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have the deluxe 8 speaker Bose package in my 2005 STS no nav. In my opinion the sound from ...
    DBB
    DBB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V6

2005 STS V6 Bose deluxe 8 speaker sound

I have the deluxe 8 speaker Bose package in my 2005 STS no nav. In my opinion the sound from this setup is clear in terms of highs and mids but the low end from subwoofer is anaemic. I was given an 08 loaner with a Bose system and you could notice the bass. I'm not sure if the 08 had the 15 speaker or some up level Bose system.

I'm considering adding a powered sub to my system to compensate for the lack of low end. However I just wanted to confirm with you all first that what I'm detecting in my car is normal for the 8 speaker Bose deluxe systems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    DBB

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k

Re: 2005 STS V6 Bose deluxe 8 speaker sound

I don't have any experience with the base Bose system in the STS but I do know the Bose system in my 04 CTS, which I believe is similar if not the same was also lacking low end, especially when listening to anything but a CD. XM and FM low end response was vastly different than when listening to a CD...I ended up installing my 12" JL W6 coupled with my Orion HCCA-2400D cause I couldn't stand it any more...

That beast is back in the garage now, haven't felt the need to install it in the STS yet, the 15 speaker system is the best OEM system I've ever heard...Beats any Bang/Olufsen system I've heard in Audi's...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

DBB
    Curtc,

Thanks for the feedback. It helps that I'm not alone in my observation. I'm gonna add a Kicker 10" Bassstation. I don't want massive bass. I want a fuller sound.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: 2005 STS V6 Bose deluxe 8 speaker sound

Quote Originally Posted by DBB View Post
    I have the deluxe 8 speaker Bose package in my 2005 STS no nav. In my opinion the sound from this setup is clear in terms of highs and mids but the low end from subwoofer is anaemic. I was given an 08 loaner with a Bose system and you could notice the bass. I'm not sure if the 08 had the 15 speaker or some up level Bose system.

I'm considering adding a powered sub to my system to compensate for the lack of low end. However I just wanted to confirm with you all first that what I'm detecting in my car is normal for the 8 speaker Bose deluxe systems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    DBB
    If the 08 loaner had NAV then it had the 15 speaker system, if it didn't have NAV it didn't have 15 speakers.
    Maybe your sub is disconnected or dead?

DBB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    If the 08 loaner had NAV then it had the 15 speaker system, if it didn't have NAV it didn't have 15 speakers.
    Maybe your sub is disconnected or dead?
    Luda,
    The 08 loaner did not have nav. I'm going to have to check my sub again. I did a quick check and put my hand over the sub on the rear deck and felt the vibration. On occasion I can see my rear view mirror vibrate in time with the low end rhythm. I'll check the connections from in the trunk this evening.

Thanks,
    DBB

sicWIDem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have an '08 STS with the 8 speaker and the mids and highs are good. Low end could use some amplification. Still very good, it does lack the umph I am looking for from the low end.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.