RX Throttle Body & V-Max Ice-olator review for 3.6 DI
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 1BadCadSTS
  • 2 Post By 1BadCadSTS
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, RX Throttle Body & V-Max Ice-olator review for 3.6 DI in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I finally decided to pull the trigger and ordered RX Performance's Ported throttle body and intake manifold spacer for ...
    burkewm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS

RX Throttle Body & V-Max Ice-olator review for 3.6 DI

So I finally decided to pull the trigger and ordered RX Performance's Ported throttle body and intake manifold spacer for the 3.6DI. Both parts were $150 a piece, with an additional deposit required on the throttle body (returned upon sending them your old TB after installation of new one). If I could sum the whole experience up: worth it!

I installed only the TB (as it was an easy 5-10 minute swap) first and drove the car for a few days before installing the IM spacer. Throttle response was immediate and the car pulls quite a bit better through the entire RPM range than it did before. There is no longer any lag when trying to quickly ramp up speed on highway on-ramps or other passing situations. The acceleration feels effortless and unlabored, which is different from the sluggish acceleration from before. No negative effect on gas mileage either.

I just installed the IM spacer this morning, but the car felt like it ran better and accelerated even quicker from 3000rpms and up. Before installing the TB and spacer, I did a few 0-60 tests that all ended up from 7-7.2 seconds (with golf clubs, car cleaning stuff, bunch of other junk in the trunk). Going to do a few runs when I get some free non-rush hour time to test it out and post them on this thread. I am not trying to turn this into a racecar, so no flames please... just thought it might be worth a few hundred bucks to spice it up and improve overall acceleration and throttle response of the car. I was right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Add a tune.
    burkewm and burkewm like this.

Re: RX Throttle Body & V-Max Ice-olator review for 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Add a tune.
    Was thinking about that. Any recommendations on who/how/where/what/$? I live in Hampton Roads, VA (General Norfolk area) and don't really want to travel far and/or pay out the wazoo.

Madtuner.com

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

I didn't know he did the V6 too...

That's what I was just about to ask. I see the 2008-2009 3.6L on the website, but have found nothing when searching on here or on the net for a 3.6L that has been tuned. I don't mind at all being the guinea pig, especially since it looks like you get both the ECM and TCM done for $300 + the loaner cable deposit.

1bad, I read some of your threads/posts about tuning your N*, could you correct me if i'm wrong here on the process:

- Pay for the tune/cable, cable is shipped to me
    - He e-mails the tune files & instructions, I DL the software and program my car
    - Boom, done.

Seems fairly easy, I'm relatively technical and haven't had any issues with doing anything myself on the car as of yet.

You got it. Tellm I sent you he'll take care of you.

Awesome... looking forward to this. Thanks for the info.

I know it's apples to oranges, but how did you like the results of just your ECM side programming on the N*?

Love it. Totally different car.
    burkewm and burkewm like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.