STS buying advice - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS buying advice in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp I believe the HUD was the same for all years of the STS. The tach comes ...
    turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Re: STS buying advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    I believe the HUD was the same for all years of the STS.
    The tach comes up when you are in Sport mode and manual shift mode.
    The little red beeping car icon / box comes up with ACC equipped cars only.
    It does _not_ apply brakes it just alerts you, also when ACC slows you down below about 25/26/27 miles per hour it will alarm as well to basically warn you to take over.
    I have had the car bring me to a complete stop on occasion via the cruise control braking system.

The only way to turn off the front collision avoidance alarm is to disable the adaptive cruise system or turn off the HUD (which also disables the adaptive cruise system).
    Sometimes the FCA icon will blink slowly and not be an audible alarm, this happens to me on occasion when someone cuts me off in traffic or if I'm not using cruise (but the cruise switch is active) and just following too close.
    My car is an 05 with ACC and HUD...actually a 1SG AWD

I have never driven the car in sport mode...so that is maybe the reason I haven't seen the tach on the HUD

On my car I can switch off the collision avoidance icon( which I always do)...but I think I can still use the ACC

Maybe I need to check...I never use the cruise or the Nav and honestly haven't driven the car much in the past couple of years
    I think I put 800 miles on it in all of 2012

I was thinking Cadillac had a collision avoidance system,....which applies brakes and keeps you in your lane in the later STS's

Warren

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

In my 2006 1SG, the driver can't have ACC on while disabling the collision alarm; an audio & red HUD warning that is not muted by normal audion settings. It is merely an alarm and actuates no control systems.

Later STS has Blind Spot and maybe Lane Departure warnings but I think they stayed away from anything active; excepting MRC & Active Steering.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    In my 2006 1SG, the driver can't have ACC on while disabling the collision alarm; an audio & red HUD warning that is not muted by normal audion settings. It is merely an alarm and actuates no control systems.

Later STS has Blind Spot and maybe Lane Departure warnings but I think they stayed away from anything active; excepting MRC & Active Steering.
    occasionally mine will not be audible but flash slowly.

Blind spot and lane departure are just passive systems, flashing lights for both and beeping on the appropriate side for lane departure unless you have the correct turn signal on or are traveling below 25mph or the system is unable to see the lane lines.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post

active steering?

So I guess GM just came out with the active braking safety systems...as I know they are available now

Another omission I never understood on the STS was the lack of HID Hi beams...or the adaptive lighting feature that helps around turns

Warren

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.