Advice from northstar DR??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By ddalder
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Advice from northstar DR?? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ive done many searches and came up with afew different possibilities....I have an 05 V8 and recently changed the plugs ...
    silver02ta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

Advice from northstar DR??

Ive done many searches and came up with afew different possibilities....I have an 05 V8 and recently changed the plugs and yes I have the oem ac delcos. I am getting a skip when im at idle and if I just slightly press the gas whlile driving it skips really bad....if im at idle and raise the rpms to right at 1k it smoothes out and if im driving and it skips, I can accelerate hard and its fine 98% of the time. I have custom exhaust with O2 sims....so wasn't sure if the plugs were bad due to no cats? I have been told plugs, maf, tb..... so if someone who might have a more accurate analysis I would greatly appreciate it I have also checked the bolts on the intake and looked for vacuum leaks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Are your o2 sims plugged into the post cat or pre cat o2s?

Re: Advice from northstar DR??

----------

Im going to get a tune through madtuners also

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I thought STS N* cats are in the exhaust manifold. Are there still O2 sensors ahead of the cats?

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Always are. Pre cat o2s determine fuel air mixture based on lean/rich conditions taken from the exhaust gas.

Mmmm, toasty!

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Mmmm, toasty!
    ?????

Very hot!

Probably most susceptable to miread/failure regardless of specific code thrown.

what is most susceptible?

----------

I took it by autozone and had the codes read....maf sensor....map sensor and misfire in cylinder 6...great

Midnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SG

My 05 1SG was throwing a MAF sensor code, and I actually bought another sensor and it was still throwing the code. It turned out that the wires leading to the connector to the sensor had fatigued and broken inside the insulation. One other thing that was interesting is the insulation was kind of sliced in a spiral pattern as if when they wrapped it with whatever kind of tape at the factory, it got cut somehow. I thought it was strange. I cut and spliced the wire back together and no more codes.

I guess my point is you might also want to check for possible intermittent electrical problems (attach OBD2 reader, I have the one from auto-zone I think it was $70, and wiggle wires while watching MAP sensor output), and check the condition of the insulation at that connector if it turns out the sensor seems dead.

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

put the cats back on its better for the environment and sounds better... get in with a scanner and see if u only have a miss on cylinder 6 or more could be a coil or one of your sims isent working properly have u checked out your fuel trims?

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    I guess my point is you might also want to check for possible intermittent electrical problems (attach OBD2 reader, I have the one from auto-zone I think it was $70, and wiggle wires while watching MAP sensor output), and check the condition of the insulation at that connector if it turns out the sensor seems dead.
    This is exactly why code readers are not necessarily a good thing in the hands of people not experienced in troubleshooting. I have repeatedly seen people spend a lot of money throwing parts at a "code" and not the underlying problem that ultimately caused the code to be set. Of course the auto parts stores love this.
    scott9001 and scott9001 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.