What does your interior look like? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, What does your interior look like? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by V Force There is no wood in any of those nice looking trim pieces on the dash, ...
    1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by V Force
    There is no wood in any of those nice looking trim pieces on the dash, IP, console, or door spears. Older models might have had wood veneer but '04 and up is plastic. I launched the parts for the GMX-272 (DTS), a sister plant molded the parts for the GMX-295 (STS) and the plastic applique's came from our thermoforming plant. They are thin ABS substrate wood print with either a PVC or acrylic clear coat.

The last real wood veneers that we used were for the Lincoln P/U and those parts were packaged together with corresponding Lot/serial #'s.
    Wrong. I've cracked several and bought a replacements. I snapped the old one and there sure as hell is wood there.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Man, I was so mad at myself when I broke one. Those dang things are expensive!

No offense intended, but now I feel better.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: What does your interior look like?

certain veneers will look like plastic or a fake print or something like that.
    Most likely it was coated with a protective layer on front and back that when heated in the mold would dissolve to create a better transparent bond with the top coating and underlayment.
    Since wood this thin would be rather easy to break.

----------

@ Ghost - you should drive more, I just hit 80k miles on my 08.
    I don't recall what year yours is but the wood you have under the shifter looks different than mine but the rest is the same.

I would really like the dark black/grey wood from the V series.
    Not sure it would look right with my cashmere interior though

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    [/COLOR]@ Ghost - you should drive more, I just hit 80k miles on my 08.
    I don't recall what year yours is but the wood you have under the shifter looks different than mine but the rest is the same.
    Lol, I just got mine at the end of march, its a 2011. Got it with 32k on it. I still drive the Escalade as well so thats why im not racking up miles fast on the STS.

is3_ftw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by malatu View Post
    No question is dumb. Just don't ask it if you can't stomach the response (or no response)!
    Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    When I want to look at cars, interior and exterior (and I do it a lot), I go to Cars.com and look at new and used cars. They have tons of pictures. I even have the Cars.com app on my phone and look all the time with it.

You can do what you like, but that would be way easier than harassing members on here to try to get them do something for you.
    Hmmmm looking at interior designs is far from knowing what I'm looking at. I'm not familiar with cadillac and want to see what's out there. I'm in the market for one and waiting for the one to scream to me "BUY ME!"

OT: I heard mixed review about the STS motor and its problems and other stuff. With the research, I have found out that it was mainly and commonly known on V6 motors and not so much with the V8 northstar. Without this forum, I wouldn't even think twice on purchasing a Cadillac. Bottom line, I know nothing about these cars. If it didn't cost $5 a gal for gas, I wouldn't mind driving around and looking at different STS interiors. Unfortunately, there isn't many dealers around my town that stock them. Now that here discontinued, I could expect more pop up at dealers in the next yr or so.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Where are you located? There are plenty STS around here...

Quote Originally Posted by oldcaddybuyer View Post
    Where are you located? There are plenty STS around here...
    I live in Tacoma, WA. V8's are rare and V6's are common. 98409 is the zip

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

is3_ftw,

I took the liberty of running your ZIP code through the Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned website; I see that there are two STS sedans available at VIC ALFONSO CADILLAC, INC at the time of my inquiry. I hope this is helpful for you, and let us know if we can check into anything further.

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Care

Im feeling like there is a lack of support on helping other members in here. Am I asking to much on wanting to see your interior and specify wood/color? If so, is there another Cadillac Forum that I can go to that will help without the bashing or criticizing my thread? 3 out of 3 pages and only 3 or so members posted pics. Seriously? You guys post like I havent done any research. I would like you guys to use the zip code I posted, and see how many 05-09 STS you can find within 50 miles from where I live. Dont specify color, motor, mileage, etc.
    zip, 98409

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    is3_ftw,

I took the liberty of running your ZIP code through the Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned website; I see that there are two STS sedans available at VIC ALFONSO CADILLAC, INC at the time of my inquiry. I hope this is helpful for you, and let us know if we can check into anything further.

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Care
    Thank you for taking the time help with my inquiry. Unfortunately, Portland is 2hrs from where I live. If you check Autotrader, you will also noticed that there is only a handful of STS within 50 miles from where I live. And less than that in V8 motors. I did go and check out the silver STS with custom wheels that is only 2 miles away. They didnt have the V6 STS in stock at the time I went.

Since I probably wont post anything more. I might as well go out with a bang. From those members who bashed on me and not contributed to this thread. You guys should get off your high horse and get the stick out your @$$. Those kind of comments makes you look like your to stuck up to help. I can see how the 05-11 STS forum is small, while other parts of this forum is more active. Criticizing people just scares them away from wanting to post or just leave this forum from all the hatred you put onto them. Now if your just naive on what interior you have, then maybe you should just keep your comments to yourself and not waste my time on having to post this hate post

----------

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacV8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you for your contributions in this thread. Wish others would have done the same.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

It seems to me that the OP "reaps what he sows."

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Holy different reality Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by is3_ftw View Post

Since I probably wont post anything more. I might as well go out with a bang. From those members who bashed on me and not contributed to this thread. You guys should get off your high horse and get the stick out your @$$. Those kind of comments makes you look like your to stuck up to help. I can see how the 05-11 STS forum is small, while other parts of this forum is more active. Criticizing people just scares them away from wanting to post or just leave this forum from all the hatred you put onto them. Now if your just naive on what interior you have, then maybe you should just keep your comments to yourself and not waste my time on having to post this hate post

----------

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Im feeling like there is a lack of support on helping other members in here. Am I asking to much on wanting to see your interior and specify wood/color? If so, is there another Cadillac Forum that I can go to that will help without the bashing or criticizing my thread? 3 out of 3 pages and only 3 or so members posted pics. Seriously? You guys post like I havent done any research. I would like you guys to use the zip code I posted, and see how many 05-09 STS you can find within 50 miles from where I live. Dont specify color, motor, mileage, etc.
    zip, 98409

Thank you for taking the time help with my inquiry. Unfortunately, Portland is 2hrs from where I live. If you check Autotrader, you will also noticed that there is only a handful of STS within 50 miles from where I live. And less than that in V8 motors. I did go and check out the silver STS with custom wheels that is only 2 miles away. They didnt have the V6 STS in stock at the time I went.

----------

Just wanted to say thank you for your contributions in this thread. Wish others would have done the same.
    Hello is3_ftw,

My name is Laura M. and I assist Sarah on these forums. You are welcome for the information Sarah provided. We are here to help! I am sorry it is difficult for you to find the vehicle you want in the area which you live. All the best to you and look luck. I also apologize you felt there has been a lack of support on the thread you have been interacting on. If you ever feel the need to reach out to us via private message for any issue or concern, please do!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Since you think everyone has the time to take pics of their interior and upload them, it's obvious you are sitting in your mom's basement with nothing else to do. Good luck!

Check ebay. They have pic of interiors galore!

Now beat it kid! (If you're not kid, you act like one!)

zip, 98409

----------

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

I had to double check that I was on the Cadillac forum... For a second there, I thought I was on the R6 forum. This was in intertaining thread, not at all useful, but just like a train wreck, I couldn't look away.
    OP, if you haven't already left... This forum is very helpful when looking for guidence on repairs, modifications, ect. As far as getting us to just take photos of our interiors for you to look at goes, obviously not what you were expecting. There are only a few otions when it comes to the interior of the 05-10 STS, even fewer when looking into the V model, whatever you have seen by doing a search on line is probably about it... There are several pictures posted in the "show us your" sticky as well

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.