What does your interior look like? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, What does your interior look like? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by is3_ftw I didn't realize that people on here are that lazy to go outside or garage, with ...
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by is3_ftw
    I didn't realize that people on here are that lazy to go outside or garage, with a camera, to take a pic of ur interior and post them on here. I would do it for another member.

Forget it. I'll just lurk for now on and not ask dumb questions. Well until I buy a cadillac
    Keep in mind, this is a free, public forum. Nobody here gets paid to post/help, they do it out of generosity. Nobody owes you a thing. If everyone posts pics, great. If nobody does, oh well. The attitude won't get you any more replies.

is3_ftw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Soon

Re: What does your interior look like?

I'm familiar with forums and what they're about. I'm 37yrs old that has been on forums for almost 7yrs. U r correct moistcabbage, on what u said, but 2 members posted, "google search". They couldve contributed in this thread. I did google before I started this thread. Or else I would've bumped and old thread, if it exsisted.

Edit: if u search "INTERIOR" in this forum section 05+ STS. U will notice that there isn't a thread titled "INTERIOR"

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    You'd be surprised how many members post or start a thread on seething that google or the search feature could have answered in minutes.

is3_ftw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Soon

When members say search noob.most of the time, they don't research they're own advice. It would've been easier for everyone if a link was added to their quote.

Remember, u were a noob at one point or another

PontiacV8 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

1SK - 1SK PACKAGE (European Export RPO: EXP - EXPORT)
    41U - BLACK RAVEN
    ...and some interior related RPO Codes, Dealer Print Vehicle Information (compnine-data similar)
    192 - EBONY / TRIM COMBINATION,BLACK LEATHER (192)
    19I - EBONY INTERIOR TRIM
    A26 - WINDOW EUROPEAN GLAZING, ALL
    A45 - MEMORY SEAT ADJUSTER
    A82 - HEAD RESTRAINT
    AL2 - POWER LUMBAR CONTROL
    AP9 - TRUNK CARGO NET
    AQ9 - SEAT FRT BKT, LUXURY
    AU8 - LOCK CONTROL ENTRY REMOTE, SPECIFIC FREQUENCY
    AX4 - RESTRAINT CONVERSION SEAT, MAN, EUROPEAN
    B20 - WOOD TRIM PACKAGE
    B57 - ORNAMENTATION EXTRA DELUXE
    BAG - PARTS PKG EXPORT
    CE1 - RAINSENSE WIPERS
    CE4 - WASHER HEADLAMP, HIGH PRESSURE
    DL7 - MIRROR O/S LH / RH REMOTE CTRL POWER FOLDING COLOR
    IL2 - LEATHER SEATING SURFACES - TRIM,INTERIOR DESIGN (IL2)
    KA1 - HEATED FRONT SEATS
    KA3 - HEATER ENGINE BLOCK 220V
    KA6 - SEATS, HEATED REAR
    N31 - HEATED, WOOD STEERING WHEEL
    R6A - ELEGANCE PACKAGE
    R9I - SPA DEAL
    T2J - EXPORT INTERIOR ORNAMENTATION
    V08 - HEAVY-DUTY COOLING
    ...and some other goodies more...

Interior Pictures:

V Force is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    It is real wood. A veneer on plastic.
    There is no wood in any of those nice looking trim pieces on the dash, IP, console, or door spears. Older models might have had wood veneer but '04 and up is plastic. I launched the parts for the GMX-272 (DTS), a sister plant molded the parts for the GMX-295 (STS) and the plastic applique's came from our thermoforming plant. They are thin ABS substrate wood print with either a PVC or acrylic clear coat.

The last real wood veneers that we used were for the Lincoln P/U and those parts were packaged together with corresponding Lot/serial #'s.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Quote Originally Posted by V Force View Post
    There is no wood in any of those nice looking trim pieces on the dash, IP, console, or door spears. Older models might have had wood veneer but '04 and up is plastic. I molded the parts for the GMX-272 (DTS), a sister plant molded the parts for the GMX-295 (STS) and the plastic applique's came from our thermoforming plant. They are thin ABS substrate wood print with either a PVC or acrylic clear coat.

The last real wood veneers that we used were for the Lincoln P/U and those parts were packaged together with corresponding Lot/serial #'s.
    Beg to differ mine is real wood, albeit a thin veneer.

Quote Originally Posted by KRSTS View Post
    Beg to differ mine is real wood, albeit a thin veneer.
    I launched the GMX-222 (Buick Lucerne) at the same time.
    We received the base film from Avery films and then thermoformed it on our presses. I've seen hundreds of thousands made.
    We made 70% of the trim, IP and console pieces in those cars.

PontiacV8 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

...hmm...my original 2006 STS "Eucalyptus" Center Stack is "Made in United Kingdom"....

...my old, replaced one has so many cracks...does look like very thin wood veneer...on a plastic "frame"...

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacV8 View Post
    ...hmm...my original 2006 STS "Eucalyptus" Center Stack is "Made in United Kingdom"....

...my old, replaced one has so many cracks...does look like very thin wood veneer...on a plastic "frame"...
    Pontiac I could stand to be corrected but I know on the domestic versions that we supplied they were plastic.
    They were called: "Ash Burl", "Dark Mahogany", "Dragon Maple", "Eucalyptus" and such.
    You and I have the same interiors and the only thing I don't know cause we did not mold it is the wood "like" wrap around the steering wheel.
    Export versions could have been sourced by another supplier that's why yours might say "Made in United Kingdom".
    We would have problems getting good lead times on film because other suppliers were also using it.

BTW, I am not trying to argue with anyone on here. I know it is sometimes hard to interpret word inflection over the internet.
    I just know out of the 100's of thousands that I have molded none contained real wood. There might be some high end special orders that
    we did not source that might be real wood, but real wood is not very cost effective. I also launched the faux wood grain for the P415/P450 Ford F150 platform and that is the same plastic applique'.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

So, I then am forced to wonder how the GM attorneys allowed all of the advertising and brochures to specifically say that the interior featured "genuine Eucalyptus accents on the center stack, instrument panel, shifter plate, door armrests, and steering wheel"...that quote is directly from the 1SC and 1SF package descriptions in the 2006 STS brochure. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'm a bit pissed off that the General lied about it if true.

http://cadillacowners.com/knowledgeb...v_brochure.pdf

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    So, I then am forced to wonder how the GM attorneys allowed all of the advertising and brochures to specifically say that the interior featured "genuine Eucalyptus accents on the center stack, instrument panel, shifter plate, door armrests, and steering wheel"...that quote is directly from the 1SC and 1SF package descriptions in the 2006 STS brochure. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'm a bit pissed off that the General lied about it if true.

http://cadillacowners.com/knowledgeb...v_brochure.pdf

I always thought after atleast 08 it was real wood. The 08 CTS had real wood im pretty sure. Shifter, Steering wheel and trim etc.

----------

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by is3_ftw View Post
    I didn't realize that people on here are that lazy to go outside or garage, with a camera, to take a pic of ur interior and post them on here. I would do it for another member.

Forget it. I'll just lurk for now on and not ask dumb questions. Well until I buy a cadillac

No question is dumb. Just don't ask it if you can't stomach the response (or no response)!

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    When I want to look at cars, interior and exterior (and I do it a lot), I go to Cars.com and look at new and used cars. They have tons of pictures. I even have the Cars.com app on my phone and look all the time with it.

You can do what you like, but that would be way easier than harassing members on here to try to get them do something for you.

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

is3_ftw and is3_ftw like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.