2005 Sts does out after throttle body cleaning and spark plug change
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2005 Sts does out after throttle body cleaning and spark plug change in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok. So I have a 2005 sts 3.6L v6 model. Coming up on 100k miles so I decided to change ...
    Drivefast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V6

2005 Sts does out after throttle body cleaning and spark plug change

Ok. So I have a 2005 sts 3.6L v6 model. Coming up on 100k miles so I decided to change the spark plugs and clean throttle body. Replaced spark plugs with ac delcos same model that was already in the car. And then sprayed throttle body cleaner through throttle while wiping clean. Unfortunaly I did this mistakenly while car was off as well as I believe I may have used to much. So sure enough slap it all back together but car starts then dies out. Gave it some time come back start it hit gas pedal and then car revs high then dies out even with holding gas pedal in same position. Give it some more time change the oil and filter then come back car starts but dies out if I don't hit the gas. But if I hit the gas n hold it car stays on and will rev around 3-4 and stay there but if i take foot off the gas it dies out . So I'm thinking I flooded the car with throttle body cleaner but I'm unsure. Since I didn't start the car after the spark plug change it may well be something I did wrong while doing that. But I'm really thinking flooded with throttle body cleaner since the issues appears to get better with time ( as cleaner evaporates in engine I assume). Pissed that I messed this up but hey u live n learn. Hopefully this lesson won't end with a trip to dealer. I appreciate any and all input on this issue thanks in advance .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

Re: 2005 Sts does out after throttle body cleaning and spark plug change

This is meant as a suggestion, as I forget things, like plugging in stuff, when I am done,
    as i am tired of doing that task, and want to get on with the day.
    Did you plug in everything related to the Mass Air device, AND, the throttle body ?
    Happy Motoring.

fly187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Re: 2005 Sts does out after throttle body cleaning and spark plug change

dude, why didn't you take the four little bolts out and remove TB to clean. All you did was clean the clean side and left the dirty side alone. SMH

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.