Alarm just went off...possible break in or issue with my alarm?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Alarm just went off...possible break in or issue with my alarm? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My wife and I were getting ready for bed and I hear a car alarm. Thinking it wasn't mine we ...
    truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6

Alarm just went off...possible break in or issue with my alarm?

My wife and I were getting ready for bed and I hear a car alarm. Thinking it wasn't mine we went on about our business. I finally got worried after it shut off. Looked out the window and my lights were flashing. Now I'm worried. Gotta finish this on another post. To be continued..

----------

Anyways, I went down and looked at it and at first my fob didn't let the car start. It said fob not detected. Finally it was detected. Then it said hood was attempted to be broken into and a theft hat been attempted. Then just now it did it again as I was typing this about 30 min after the first. It also said "service theft system" as well

We are in a strange place kinda. We are house sitting for in laws but this is a very nice pricey neighborhood. Not exactly a bad place.

My question is, is there an issue or did someone really just try n break into it? Or will I need to disconnect the battery over night so it doesn't keep us and neighbors up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: Alarm just went off...possible break in or issue with my alarm?

I believe its an issue with the hood latch sensor.
    Either get a new one or short the wires together to defeat the sensor. (assuming that is the issue)

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Correct. Faulty hood latch.

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Is it easy enough to replace on my own or will I need a dealer to do so?

----------

Is there a recall on this issue? I just was searching around on here and found what might have been a recall but that was on a thread from 2010. If I call the dealer and ask, are they obligated to tell me if there is a recall?

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    There's a tsb not a recall thus not free.

Basic tools and a brain and yea you can do it yourself.

STS Serge 172 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Re: Alarm just went off...possible break in or issue with my alarm?

Agree with all above post ^

I recently replaced mine a few months back--easy 3 bolt removal. Got mine from GMpartsdirect.com for just shy of $100 shipped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.