Help Removing Key From FOB
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Help Removing Key From FOB in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm having a heck of a time removing the key from a FOB. The screw is removed, but it won't ...
    97CadillacPimpin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SF 76k | '97 SLS (blown hg @154k - sold)

Help Removing Key From FOB

I'm having a heck of a time removing the key from a FOB. The screw is removed, but it won't budge, I've tried pliers and bent it, and also tried torching it but it's not moving at all. Any tips?
    fob.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Help Removing Key From FOB

I think the slot that the key fits into has a funky notch; it's hanging on that. I fabricated my new-style fob (like yours) for my 2006 and I think it's more than just a taper.

I'd remove the ring and secure the casting in a vice with some padding. Use a big set of lineman pliers & wiggle/pull.

I doubt you need the old key so if you break it, you could always drill it out if you had to. I'd recommend using a drill press with a vice.

Alternatively, these pieces/parts aren't very expensive when they come up on eBay. Just find a bigger hammer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.