190,000 Miles
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 190,000 Miles in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Wanted to let you know that I just hit 190,000 on my '05 1SG AWD V8 STS and she is ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

190,000 Miles

Wanted to let you know that I just hit 190,000 on my '05 1SG AWD V8 STS and she is still driving like a charm. People still think its a brand new Caddy. They wear very well. Anyone looking to purchase a used STS. I highly recommend. !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Nice. You must take good care of it also.

orange57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar RWD
    It's good to see this kind of mileage on an STS. My current plan is to drive it until the wheels fall off. The wife and I just had a little one, so there is no more money in the budget for a different car for the next 18 to 30 years
    SsSTS88 likes this.

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 123K mi.

Re: 190,000 Miles

Still on the original transmission?

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by mckellyb
    Still on the original transmission?
    Yes !!! . Never a problem with transmission. I do need new struts up front though. Considering the brutal roads of metro NYC I'm shocked my shocks didn't go years ago. This car is a tank and has made me a Cadillac customer fir life. I will hit 200,000 by the end of year ...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by orange57
    It's good to see this kind of mileage on an STS. My current plan is to drive it until the wheels fall off. The wife and I just had a little one, so there is no more money in the budget for a different car for the next 18 to 30 years
    Lol. I hear ya. My oldest starts college in the fall and two more behind her.
    mckellyb and mckellyb like this.

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 123K mi.

Wait. Original trans...and driven in NYC?!

Wow. Colour me impressed!

josephdav01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mckellyb View Post

Thats is really good news. I have a 05 sts with a 101,000 miles on it. Have driven from San Antonio to New Orleans 3 times. From S. A. to Austin for a half a year STRAIGHT, on the weekends. From Killeen to S. A. for 3 months every weekend.

I bought it in 09 with 50,000 miles. I have went through 2 sets of tires. I have replace the rotors once. I will be replacing the brakes for the second time next weekend. I have replaced the spark plugs and I have to replace the struts. I have replaced the battery twice. I have replaced the windshield wipers and I had to replace one hose. I I've done a transmission flush.

I had a knocking noise in the engine, so I start using premium it went away.

The car is still running like a champ. All those replacement sounds like a lot buts it's really not. Its my baby, and if u take care of it it will take care of u.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mckellyb View Post

Thats is really good news. I have a 05 sts with a 101,000 miles on it. Have driven from San Antonio to New Orleans 3 times. From S. A. to Austin for a half a year STRAIGHT, on the weekends. From Killeen to S. A. for 3 months every weekend.

I bought it in 09 with 50,000 miles. I have went through 2 sets of tires. I have replace the rotors once. I will be replacing the brakes for the second time next weekend. I have replaced the spark plugs and I have to replace the struts. I have replaced the battery twice. I have replaced the windshield wipers and I had to replace one hose. I I've done a transmission flush.

I had a knocking noise in the engine, so I start using premium it went away.

The car is still running like a champ. All those replacement sounds like a lot buts it's really not. Its my baby, and if u take care of it it will take care of u.

Swanka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

I just purchased my 1st Caddy, a 2005 STS with only 50k miles. I'm more than excited to hear this car is more than capable of reaching this mileage (and fully expected to hear it or I wouldn't have purchased haha!)

Quote Originally Posted by Swanka View Post
    I just purchased my 1st Caddy, a 2005 STS with only 50k miles. I'm more than excited to hear this car is more than capable of reaching this mileage (and fully expected to hear it or I wouldn't have purchased haha!)
    U going to enjoy this car! Only big complaint I have is I have black leather and live in Texas. The summer this the seats burn the hack out of me.

DG2
    Definitely use premium gas in the V8!! The manual says you dont have to but the Northstar does not like anything but the super. Lots of knocks if you don't.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mckellyb

Exactly ! That's why I bought my wife an Escalade ( profile pic ) and I purchased my daughter a 2013 Buick Verano. This STS has proven to me that GM makes the most reliable , durable cars in the world !!!!

orange57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar RWD
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by josephdav01 View Post

U going to enjoy this car! Only big complaint I have is I have black leather and live in Texas. The summer this the seats burn the hack out of me.
    I had a Jetta with Black Leather, and living in AZ I vowed never again to have a car with black interior. While it looks sharp, if I wasn't parked in the garage it took for ever too cool down in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Exactly ! That's why I bought my wife an Escalade ( profile pic ) and I purchased my daughter a 2013 Buick Verano. This STS has proven to me that GM makes the most reliable , durable cars in the world !!!!
    I'm right there with you. My 1989 Oldsmobile 98 had 220k on it when I sold it after getting the STS. I had to replace the trans t 210K, but no fault to the unit. My brother had the car for a year, one of the half shaft seals wore out leaking all the fluid. He never checked the fluid and fried the original.

Quote Originally Posted by orange57 View Post

I had a Jetta with Black Leather, and living in AZ I vowed never again to have a car with black interior.

I'm right there with you. My 1989 Oldsmobile 98 had 220k on it when I sold it after getting the STS. I had to replace the trans t 210K, but no fault to the unit. My brother had the car for a year, one of the half shaft seals wore out leaking all the fluid. He never checked the fluid and fried the original.

----------

I had a Jetta with Black Leather, and living in AZ I vowed never again to have a car with black interior. While it looks sharp, if I wasn't parked in the garage it took for ever too cool down in the summer

Letting family have a car is a mistake a lot of times. I let my sister borrow my 2005 mustang I went to Japan, when I came back in 2008 car was worth less than 4000 dollars. Never again!

But that sts is driven by me on occasion my wife if she's has no other way to get around and that means the taxi's are not running and the busses. Jk.

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Definitely use premium gas in the V8!! The manual says you dont have to but the Northstar does not like anything but the super. Lots of knocks if you don't.
    Member opinions vary because gas formulations vary so much by region and often by supplier. Top Tier suppliers use superior additive packages, but truely, YMMV. Your V8 may run very well on less than premiuim.

Remember, premium gas usually just has more anti-knock additives. It doesn't usually contain more raw energy. Here in the Milwaukee area, all stations sell the same gas, pumped from the same pipeline, from the same few refineries. I'm not sure we are on the Summer blend yet, but it's almost as expensive as California's.

What's really silly, is that this multiplicity of specialized gasoline blends is a requirement that is largely no longer justified. Modern engines are far more sophisticated than those when the regulations were codified.

Don't get me started on ethanol.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

----------

no knocks from my V8 on regular gas...that is all I have ever used

is 190,000 on a automatic transmission that impressive?

think I have seen tons of stories....typically Honda and Toyota products....with 300K on original trans

there are a LOT of high mileage Lexus LS400's on the road

are you saying good for a cadillac or good for any car?

Warren

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by turnne

no knocks from my V8 on regular gas...that is all I have ever used

is 190,000 on a automatic transmission that impressive?

think I have seen tons of stories....typically Honda and Toyota products....with 300K on original trans

there are a LOT of high mileage Lexus LS400's on the road

are you saying good for a cadillac or good for any car?

Warren
    Good for any car. That said , my friend has a Lexus GS with 180k and is already on tranny number 3. Also. , the look of the car screams "used". Albiet he is not as white glove as me but I do not Exaggerate When I tell you people ask me did I just buy this car? they think my STS is brand-new !!! IMHO Cadillacs age beautifully.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.