190,000 Miles - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 190,000 Miles in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by DG2 Good for any car. That said , my friend has a Lexus GS with 180k and ...
    turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Re: 190,000 Miles

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Good for any car. That said , my friend has a Lexus GS with 180k and is already on tranny number 3. Also. , the look of the car screams "used". Albiet he is not as white glove as me but I do not Exaggerate When I tell you people ask me did I just buy this car? they think my STS is brand-new !!! IMHO Cadillacs age beautifully.
    I tend to disagree with you...and I dont think I have isolated cases

I had an 1985 Mercedes 300SD...sold it with 208K...for a nice sum...original engine and trans

1992 Mercedes 300D...sold it with 202K original engine and trans...the interiors, woodwork etc were all in impeccable condition

Those Mercedes diesels bring a nice buck with high mileage.....its like people dont balk ( relatively speaking) with miles on them

On top of that the bodystyles dont change often so your car can be many years old and look very current because the bodystyle could still be basically the same

My stepfather has a Toyota land cruiser with 250K...bought it at 38K...original engine and trans...never really had any work dont to it other than maintenance

and that vehicle...relatively speaking..is still worth a few $$ as I just checked for recently what book ( and market $$) was on it

I dont think these experiences are at all isolated

I recall some stories about a family buying Honda;s and handing them down to the kids etc and running them to 300K

Ofcourse they were rusty as heck...but mechanically sound

I would say that your friends Lexus experience is far more the exception than the norm..or the cars would not hold value like they do

which is why I asked the question good for any car or good for a Cadillac?...you can find hundreds of old LS400's still going strong and worth some $$

IMO...you have to hit me with at least 300K before I feel "impressed" with engine and trans longevity

unless you say...I never changed the oil..never maintained it etc...and it hit 190,000 on the original drivetrain components

Then..I would be impressed

Warren

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Warren, where do you live ? I'm in metro NYC and 190,000 on NYC pothole , gridlock roads is like 300,000 of miles for someone in most other parts of the country.

Lots of cars can go hi miles but for any car to do so under NY conditions and still look so good is impressive. Mercedes Benz also age beautifully I disagree on Lexus and Toyota Way over rated and bland as bland can be.... If your a Lexus owner enjoy. Ill take a Cadillac any day.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I'm impressed :thumbup:

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 122K mi.

GMs used to be notorious for automatic transmission failures.

Actually, all cars were, though American cars more so.

I gave my '95 W124 Mercedes, gasoline engine, to my stepson last X-mas, and it now has over 200K on the original trans.

Wife's '81 MB 240D had the original automagic in it when she sold it with over 200K on it.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

IDK, there's a lot of Powerglides still putting down a lot of power 1/8 mile at a time. And a lot of Turbo-350's dragging them to the county strip every weekend!

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 122K mi.

But those are massaged.

I mean OEM ones.

The Chrysler 727 was pretty much bullet-proof, too, but if abused/horribly neglected, anything mechanical is going to fail, eventually.

Caddystang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 1SG

Just rolled over 160,000 miles on mine last week. Been running great for the year I have owned it. Interior looks like new and other than the normal road wear and winter sandings here in Idaho the exterior is in good condition as well. First Cadillac I have owned and loving it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Outstanding, Caddystang! We're glad your Cadillac experience is all that we meant for it to be, and we wish you many more happy miles in the future with your vehicle.

Regards,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

sicWIDem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    All of this is making me love my new purchase of a 2008 STS V6. 65k miles on it and was well taken care of! Seems like a steal at $16,000 with a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty and gap insurance. Hopefully it will surpass my 241,000 miles on my previous Lincoln Navigator.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Check your oil regularly.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by sicWIDem View Post
    All of this is making me love my new purchase of a 2008 STS V6. 65k miles on it and was well taken care of! Seems like a steal at $16,000 with a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty and gap insurance. Hopefully it will surpass my 241,000 miles on my previous Lincoln Navigator.
    Hello sicWIDem,

Happy to hear you are loving your STS V! Seems like you did get a steal for a great price with a well maintained vehicle! I hope it will surpass by many more miles as well! Enjoy driving your Cadillac and if there are ever concerns or questions you have, you know where to reach us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Midnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    ...I do not Exaggerate When I tell you people ask me did I just buy this car? they think my STS is brand-new !!! IMHO Cadillacs age beautifully.
    I agree, only 108k on an '05, but it's aging well, physically and I think also aesthetically.

DarkMingBlueSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 6 CYL
    192,xxx miles on my 3.6 looks great but does have minor issues from time to time but nothing major yet

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
    125000 miles in my 2005 3.6 rwd. All original engine and trans

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.