Am I the only person in the world with these wheels????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By dkozloski
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Am I the only person in the world with these wheels???? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I bought my 2007 STS about 6 months ago with these aftermarket 17" chrome wheels. The parts guy at the ...
    2007CadiFatty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V8

Am I the only person in the world with these wheels????

I bought my 2007 STS about 6 months ago with these aftermarket 17" chrome wheels. The parts guy at the Cadillac dealership thinks they're from a company called MC2 which went out of business. I've never seen another STS with these exact wheels on the street, for sale online, or in any photo in a google image search. Unfortunately, while getting new tires at NTB one of the techs broke a center cap which I was able to fix with tape and so far has not fallen off, and NTB said they would reimburse me if I bought a new one and showed them a recipt. I looked all over Ebay, and google searched trying to find someone selling this center cap and have found nothing. My only option now if the repaired one falls off is to buy a different matching set of 4 from GM. If anyone recognizes these wheels and has any info on where to find center caps, that would be fantastic!!!!
    004.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    A couple of solutions/alternatives:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MC2+cadillac+center+cap

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Am I the only person in the world with these wheels????

You beat me to it..............

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

They broke it

Make them find it

dl72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    They broke it

Make them find it
    Exactly. Make them do all the leg work. Their fault, not yours

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

If they're dumb enough to break it they are probably too stupid to find a new one. Stand on principle and you'll wind up doing without. Keep looking yourself.
    mckellyb and mckellyb like this.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

2007CadiFatty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V8

They refunded me an additional $35 for my time, effort and gas to drive to and from the dealer, and yes I think they're too dumb to handle that task. I thought NTB would offer higher quality service than Discount Tire or Pep Boys, but its actually completely the opposite. The sales associate I talked to tried to sell me an alignment before even pulling my car into the shop, he looked out the window at my car and said, "I can tell without even looking at it, you're going to need an alignment." I could tell by the date code it had the original tires with 60,000 miles and they were evenly worn, so I told him don't bother. Then after breaking the center cap the same guy offered me a free alignment, but didn't make a note of it on the computer or on the invoice. So when I went back to get my free alignment the guy I dealt with before and the manager weren't there and the sales associate wouldn't authorize it since there was no proof I should get it besides the story I told her. I've decided it's not worth my time, the car probably doesn't need an alignment, and they might break or screw something else up in the process. I'll also make sure to tell everyone I know to never take their car to NTB in Lombard, Illinois. Go next door to Discount Tire, they installed tires on my Vette and did a perfect job.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.