Anyone help with pricing for this 05 STS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Anyone help with pricing for this 05 STS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I understand he has done mods but my thought is that $10,500 is to much, he said he would do ...
    sonyab523 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS (sold), 2010 Cadillac CTS (sold)

Question Anyone help with pricing for this 05 STS?

I understand he has done mods but my thought is that $10,500 is to much, he said he would do $9,500 but I still think that's to much. I've never done any mods before so admittedly I don't know how much the stuff he did costs but I wouldn't think it would be that much. Am I wrong or right?

Description:

Fully loaded one of a kind STS: A-Z with every option possible for that year, 109K on the dash, V6 3.6L, Interior is tan leather with wood trim: Some modifications include: tinted tails, tinted 3rd brake light, (if you want to go back to stock, we can make that happen) all tint used was professional grade vinyl, custom Cadillac emblems emblems, 5k hids top and bottom, blacked out headlights, white leds inside/out+bright white vanity mirror lights, blacked out grill, blacked out roof, tinted windows all around, black spoiler, matte black exhaust tips, custom black/white vanity Cadillac plate,push to start, remote start, heated and cooled seats, heated rear seats, bluetooth + Ipod compatible, navigation, DVD player, 6disc cd changer, 15 speaker bose surround sound system, dual climate controls.. i will include a set of summer tires, a set of winter tires...Just got a fresh synthetic oil change from the Cadillac dealership along with the inspection of the belts/hoses/suspension/top'd of all fluids etc.. The car is originally from Texas, I purchased it from a retired military veteran couple, they took incredible care of the car and myself, I baby my cars and I make sure I do my research before anything.... check out the pics, clean inside/out, clear title ready to go, 10500 OBO, serious inquires only. thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: Anyone help with pricing for this 05 STS?

This is nowhere near fully loaded... Maybe a 1SB / 1SC package with NAV addon.
    1SG would be fully featured package (but is still missing options that can be added).

Get the full VIN and run it at www.compnine.com to see what options it REALLY has.

Driver seat showing a lot of wear.

Non-OEM HIDs = aftermarket HIDs can have many issues.
    No HUD
    No Adaptive Cruise
    No V8
    V6 is well known for timing chain issues ... I would walk.
    How many miles can he go until he needs to add a quart of oil? I read lots of members that go about 1000-1500 miles and have to add oil.
    The V6 does _NOT_ have a low oil idiot light.
    Being from Texas I assume its RWD not AWD ... if that matters to you, you should find out as AWD is heavier by like 300lbs and has more mechanical resistance and therefore even lower gas mileage.

For the most part 'mods' add $0 value to the car. Some would argue it detracts from the value of the car.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Way too much

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

As soon as somebody says "fully loaded" you know it ain't. This is a term used by old time car hustlers that has no meaning in today's car market. Look at the tag on the bottom of the spare tire cover in the trunk, decode it on the internet, and see what the car really has.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 95,000 miles

sontab523, I only buy cars with out mods. Some time you can have problems with some one else mods like bad workmanship or parts. Way too much money, Walk. Danny

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I have to agree with DQ. Mods reduce car value unless they are actual OEM - See DD's 1SG + nearly every export option.

2005 V6 over 100k ~ 8k if ideal?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

KBB does claim its value is around that for Dallas Texas.

http://www.kbb.com/cadillac/sts/2005...e-party#survey

Maybe if someone is looking for an STS of that trim-level; repaint the grille, etc.?

Opinions vary.

orange57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar RWD

I'm also skeptical of mods that weren't done by myself due to quality and workmanship. A lot of people hack things together. Most of what is listed is just aesthetics, not really mods in my opinion. When I think of Mods I think of performance upgrades, which there aren't much for the STS. My personal opinion is I would pass on that one. I'm sure you can find one with less miles in factory form for less.

I sent my parents to check out a white one out for me, but the tires were bald, clicking in the engine and the engine light was on, body damage, normally I wouldn't consider this a big deal until I got an inspection first but the fact that the guy didn't tell me or list it in is ad before I asked my parents to check it out for me pissed me off so that one is out. There is a nice 05 V8 AWD with 80,000 miles for $8,500 obo near me. I won't say the color so as not to offend anyone but it's hideous and I couldn't live with it and that's the only reason I'm considering this one because I really want white or black. I'd really have to low ball the ugly color car and get it painted to move forward and that doesn't make much sense.

Unless you paint a car right (more expensive than most realize) you are right to avoid it. Wait for the right car.

I would advise against an AWD unless you really need one. We often get snow, live on the edge of town and I prefer not to let the weather affect my schedule. If any of those three weren't so, a RWD would probably be a better choice. As it is, my wife beats me at the lights and gets better mileage!

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab523 View Post
    There is a nice 05 V8 AWD with 80,000 miles for $8,500 obo near me. I won't say the color so as not to offend anyone but it's hideous and I couldn't live with it and that's the only reason I'm considering this one because I really want white or black. I'd really have to low ball the ugly color car and get it painted to move forward and that doesn't make much sense.
    I don't think you saying that you don't like a certain color on the car will offend anyone. They make them in different colors for different tastes Everyone is entitled to their opinion on colors. And you know what they say about opinions

I appreciate the help, I'm going to post some options here, if anyone sees one that they feel is a great option please let me know. Most of the ones in my budget will have high miles/mods or both, but not much I can do there.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3675338724.html (Lowest they will accept is $8,000)
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3721882396.html (Haven't contacted)
    http://lansing.craigslist.org/cto/3764601161.html (hint: color I don't like, he will possibly do $7,500)
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3637781398.html (Haven't contacted)

----------

Quote Originally Posted by orange57 View Post
    I don't think you saying that you don't like a certain color on the car will offend anyone. They make them in different colors for different tastes Everyone is entitled to their opinion on colors. And you know what they say about opinions
    I had a copper sunburst CTS and my feelings would be hurt if someone called it ugly, it was my baby. Though I know most people found it ugly.

The third one seems like a descent price, but I would wonder if it is a clean title or not for that price. And i'm guessing that is the one you don't like the color on. The last one would be out for me, as I prefer V8's The first one may not be bad, but along with the second they state incorrect HP. Inaccuracies in car ads bother me. It's the whole used car salesman thing where they will try to tell you anything to sell you a car. But then again, I'm a tough sale. I'm picky about the cars I like and generally do a lot of research before going in to look at one.

Patients is key. You will find the right car for the right price.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

I plan to sell my 2005 STS V8 AWD with every option for around $12k. Loaded for me means ACC, HUD, NAV, ROOF, AWD, 18" Wheels, Every option available original retail $67k and I have 62k miles. I love my V8 and would only buy an STS with the V8 as the engine is a beast and its solid. Till this day never has an issue with the engine.

You can definately do better and there are alot of them out there so as others said you might need some patience but if you wanted a specific build you will find it. I would not spend $10k+ on a 2005 with over 100k miles especially the V6.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.