Code P2601
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Code P2601 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 2 days ago i changed my oil, and also had power steering fluid all over everything from a couple weeks ...
    Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Code P2601

2 days ago i changed my oil, and also had power steering fluid all over everything from a couple weeks ago, so i hosed it off of everything and removed the 2 plastic covers on the bottom of the car that cover the oil pan etc. and hosed everything clean. Yesterday after i parked in the garage, i went back into the car to move it outside for something and noticed my CEL was on, so i hooked up my scanner and it came up with P2601, something about the coolant circuit pump. I noticed then that the temperature was reaching up to over heating. I cleared the code off, and the temp was still high, so i parked it in the garage until today. Start it up, made a loud weird noise that sounds like the DI engine starting up but some weird clicking. then everything was running fine, did a restart no noise. Took it for a drive and the lights still off and the operating temperature is normal. Any ideas? 2011 STS with 34k miles. Maybe something got wet? Also, does everyone air conditioning get cold while driving, but then while parked and idling get warmer? I notice when driving the AC is fine and ice cold, but if i park and sit in park running, the air will get significantly warmer

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Code P2601

It should be under warranty. Just take it to the dealer for cooling system & A/C faults.

Yea just wondering what the issue was. I already have an appt. for monday morning for the steering wheel zipper whine noise but now that appears to have gone away and only have the CEL on

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55

Cool Re: Code P2601

P2601 Aux coolant pump performance

-Faulty Aux coolant Pump relay
    -Blocked Pump control Pasage
    -Faulty Aux coolant Pump
    -Aux Coolant Pump harness is open or shorted
    -Aux Coolant Pump circuit Poor Electrical connection

Happy Motoring

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deany View Post
    2 days ago i changed my oil, and also had power steering fluid all over everything from a couple weeks ago, so i hosed it off of everything and removed the 2 plastic covers on the bottom of the car that cover the oil pan etc. and hosed everything clean. Yesterday after i parked in the garage, i went back into the car to move it outside for something and noticed my CEL was on, so i hooked up my scanner and it came up with P2601, something about the coolant circuit pump. I noticed then that the temperature was reaching up to over heating. I cleared the code off, and the temp was still high, so i parked it in the garage until today. Start it up, made a loud weird noise that sounds like the DI engine starting up but some weird clicking. then everything was running fine, did a restart no noise. Took it for a drive and the lights still off and the operating temperature is normal. Any ideas? 2011 STS with 34k miles. Maybe something got wet? Also, does everyone air conditioning get cold while driving, but then while parked and idling get warmer? I notice when driving the AC is fine and ice cold, but if i park and sit in park running, the air will get significantly warmer
    Hello Ghost Deany,

I am sorry you are experiencing vehicle issues. That is good you have an appointment with your local dealership on Monday. That is what I was going to recommend. The dealership will be able to properly diagnose your issues. When you bring your vehicle in, make sure to tell them everything that has concerned you with your vehicle. I will reach out to you early this week to check on your dealership visit. If you have other questions or concerns please let us know. Thanks, have a great night.

Sincerely,
    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Weren't the aux coolant pumps part of the 1SG package? Do the 2011 cars even have the 1SG package available?

I think i have the 1sb? Def dont have 1sg. I have a RWD w sunroof, nav, bose surround 15 spkr. The couple things i can think of off hand that i dont have are HUD, Magneride and a few other options im sure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.