07 STS4 Brakes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 07 STS4 Brakes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 07 sts AWD with double piston fronts. Replacing all 4 rotors and 2 front wheel bearings. Can someone tell me ...
    1grand6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4

Post 07 STS4 Brakes

07 sts AWD with double piston fronts. Replacing all 4 rotors and 2 front wheel bearings. Can someone tell me the size of the socket I need to pull the wheel bearings off? Also I went to pull the back rotors off and I think its the ABS that's holding it on. It feels springy when I pull on the rotor. Any suggestions? What to do and not to do? Thanks! Newbie Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    1st off still 2 brake systems you could have jl9 and je5
    2nd that the ebrake holding the rotor on still

Re: 07 STS4 Brakes

I have je5 that's the double piston part... So if its the ebrake what should I do to release it so I don't break anything pulling the rotor off? Should I just keep wiggling the rotor or should I disconnect the whole mechanism and pull it off with the rotor???

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1grand6
    I have je5 that's the double piston part... So if its the ebrake what should I do to release it so I don't break anything pulling the rotor off? Should I just keep wiggling the rotor or should I disconnect the whole mechanism and pull it off with the rotor???
    Both jl9 and je5 have dual piston. J56 is the brembo 4 pistons.

Stick a flat blade in the veins of the rotor at the 3 and 9 positions and work it back and forth till it comes off.

OK thanks. I went through the FAQ's and seen many said just muscle the rear ones off. It probably has a rig to get over. It's 30 degree's here today what a crappy day to do brakes and bearings. Still haven't found the size for the axle nut, guess I'll be making a trip to the auto parts store. I'm sure it's the same size as all GM's maybe 35mm. Decided to paint the calipers and went with the black slotted rotors so hopefully they won't rust. Thanks again

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

The shoes of the parking brake add to the difficulty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.