What does 4 stand for in STS 4 2008 Caddy?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By curtc
  • 2 Post By Submariner409
  • 2 Post By dkozloski
  • 2 Post By Charles Warren
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, What does 4 stand for in STS 4 2008 Caddy? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So i've been trying to find that info out and can't anywhere. I called the dealership for an underbody shield ...
    konoplya is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What does 4 stand for in STS 4 2008 Caddy?

So i've been trying to find that info out and can't anywhere. I called the dealership for an underbody shield since I need one and I mentioned that I have an 08 STS 4 and the guy had no clue what the STS 4 is. Said he never heard of that before. So that really got me curious. I apologize in advance if this is a noob question.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

Re: What does 4 stand for in STS 4 2008 Caddy?

LOL...An actual GM dealership told you they didn't know what the 4 stood for in STS4??? You my friend need to find a new dealership, FAST!

The 4 signifies that the car is equipped with All Wheel Drive, a standard STS is Rear Wheel Drive.

What surprises me even more is that you bought this car not knowing what the 4 stood for...

BTW -
    Ludacrisvp and Ludacrisvp like this.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

When all else fails, read the owner's manual. That's kind of like Aunt Martha, who bought a SLS new in 2003, finally opening the hood and exclaiming "There's a V-8 in here !".
    curtc and curtc like this.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

When I bought my STS from a dealer it didn't have the "4" on it but the AWD option was listed on the build sheet. I even crawled underneath to make sure. I added the "4" to the trunk lid myself. It's conceivable that the "4" missing from mine wound up on a car where it didn't belong. A newspaper where I worked had a Suburban in the circulation department for delivering newspapers that had Chevy badging on one side and one end and GMC badging on the other side and other end. It was bought as a new Chevy from the Chevy dealer at a bargain price and there were some pretty animated arguments from time to time about what it really was.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Rather surprising to hear a dealership had no idea. The same convention is used for the SRX-4, CTS-4, ATS-4 and XTS-4. This certainly isn't new or limited to just the STS.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Give them the VIN and they will order the right part. If the person you spoke with is representative, another dealer should be a better value.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

The VIN# is the key. I was at the dealer just to order new engine cover clips and the parts guy had no clue about the STS-V. After pulling up the CTS-V and the standard STS, he asked for the VIN#....

konoplya is offline Cadillac Owners Member

great. thank you guys for clarifying that. the car is actually not mine. i have a bmw myself. the car belongs to a good friend of mine who's out of town and asked me to take care of it for him and to drive it if i felt like it. i'm a fix it up type of guy so the first thing i did is look under the car to find out the whole thing is missing. so i figured i'd do my friend a favor and get it done for him. i definitely was taken aback when the guy said he had no clue what the 4 stood for, he did ask me for the vin though. thanks a lot again.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

should get rid of your bmw and get you a caddy lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.