STS in the Snow? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS in the Snow? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm not in the snow belt, but I make sure to take my '06 STS AWD out when it does ...
    jdpimp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4

Re: STS in the Snow?

I'm not in the snow belt, but I make sure to take my '06 STS AWD out when it does snow. Car does really well. As previously mentioned, use your brain first.

First week or two of owning my STS, I got a little aggressive during a light snow, tried to pass people around a corner, back end came out from under me, had a moment when I was certain I was going to wreck my new ride (and look like a mega douche idiot), but then the stability system kicked in and it was like it magically straightened itself out. Don't recommend it though, it's hard on your heart (and on your ego).

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpimp
    First week or two of owning my STS, I got a little aggressive during a light snow, tried to pass people around a corner, back end came out from under me, had a moment when I was certain I was going to wreck my new ride (and look like a mega douche idiot), but then the stability system kicked in and it was like it magically straightened itself out. Don't recommend it though, it's hard on your heart (and on your ego).
    Same, that computer sure does its thing pretty well. Twice this winter I've hit patches of glare ice and had the stability system save my ass...Pretty sure I would've ditched her without its assistance.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by stevenriz View Post
    exactly. people think they are in AWD and not succeptable to accidents, well, you are... I LOVE how well mine handles in the snow and ice. Just don't drive too fast and you will not have a problem. Be careful, you do not stop any better with AWD, obviously...
    Unfortunately, the obvious isn't so obvious to some drivers!

link5817 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

my '05 sts awd handles snow (in michigan) fairly well on my 'all-season' summer tires, but the real difference-maker (as it was on my old rwd cars) is the set of blizzak's (ie, REAL snow tires) I use during winter
    - simply put, my old rwd car had better traction w/ blizzaks than my awd sts with 'all-season' tires - no comparison; add blizzaks to awd and you'll be truly amazed
    If you want the safest and best handling on snow and ice (eg, actual traction on ice), do your research on the blizzaks (and the several other similar snow tires that are now on the market)

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Just thinking, could you put snow tires on the rear wheels of an all wheel drive? Well I know you could, but would it be effective.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

AWD or RWD, 4 snow tires are best.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.