2007 Cadillac STS V8 WORST RIDE QUALITY! Help! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2007 Cadillac STS V8 WORST RIDE QUALITY! Help! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My dad use to run many horses down at mountianeer! He only has one now though....
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    My dad use to run many horses down at mountianeer! He only has one now though.

Carvone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS 1SG & 10 STS 1SG

Re: 2007 Cadillac STS V8 WORST RIDE QUALITY! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Karsntrux View Post
    Was yours similar to what I was describing, like skating on ice? Prior to replacing the struts?
    Another odd question, does your STS have a wood grain strip down the center of the gear selector? Mine doesn't, and every one I see with wood trim has it. I have all the other wood trim, just not on the gear selector.
    No my car did not ride anything like you describe, even with bad front struts. I do think "Tourist" is on too something though, it sounds 'from what you describe' that the rear shocks are all the way aired up and making it ride like that C3500 work van. Go check out that place that does MRC work and they would be able to tell you what is wrong within the hour most likely. Also your likely to get off relatively cheap, sounds like the shocks are doing their job and it is the air pump or switch that is defective. (just guessing though)

Yes, my gear shift has the same wood grain in the middle of the knob as is on the dash, console and doors. You easily switch that out on yours if you ever run across one you like at a junk yard or on ebay. Good Luck.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

There are two different systems on the STS, depending on the suspension options.

The tests you describe indicate serious issues that any dealer should be able to fix.

jimmbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts

These cars ride like they have wooden tires

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo View Post
    These cars ride like they have wooden tires
    Lol indeed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.