2007 Cadillac STS V8 WORST RIDE QUALITY! Help! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2007 Cadillac STS V8 WORST RIDE QUALITY! Help! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Btw, it's also not a platinum to my knowledge. Interior doesn't match the other platinum a I've seen. In all ...
    Karsntrux is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS V8, 2003 Cadillac Deville DHS, 2002 STS

Re: 2007 Cadillac STS V8 WORST RIDE QUALITY! Help!

Btw, it's also not a platinum to my knowledge. Interior doesn't match the other platinum a I've seen. In all honest I've seen 1000s of Sts and I've never once seen another with my wheels and brakes. Maybe I'm just not looking properly

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

Karnstrux, Where on I-270 can you go 90mph. I live close to Grove city by the south outer belt. That must be it. Motor cycles Join the 200 club on that area,( 200mph). Danny

Haha yep! Alum creek 270. I get on 270 from alum creek and whomp down and fly to south high where I get off 270. Rarely see any state patrol from alum creek to 71

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Have you tested the leveling system? Maybe a DPO monkeyed with the sensors.

----------

Shock/struts don't hold a car up, but springs and levelers do. I doubt someone would install heavier springs. Somebody might mess with a leveler system.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsntrux
    Btw, it's also not a platinum to my knowledge. Interior doesn't match the other platinum a I've seen. In all honest I've seen 1000s of Sts and I've never once seen another with my wheels and brakes. Maybe I'm just not looking properly
    You won't

Very rare option. Gladly swap you my 05 with 20k less miles for yours with it hahaha.

maiahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 STS AWD 1SG
    [QUOTE="Karsntrux"]
    My questions are as follows. Does anyone else feel the same way about their STS? /QUOTE]
    Yes. If I run over a quarter in the street, it shakes the entire vehicle. It's like driving a sled.

Carvone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS 1SG & 10 STS 1SG

I have a 2007 STS V8 with every known option available for that year including the performance package you have on yours.
    I have owned a couple of Cadillac's in the past and I will say this car is more of a sportier ride than the traditional "Caddy" ride, but is no where near what you are describing. The only way a dealer checks for bad struts is to look if they are leaking, no leaks means a good strut to them. A few months ago I had the dealer replace my leaking front struts under warranty, it really tightened the car up. With the old struts I couldn't feel a difference between Touring and Performance but with the new struts it is night and day. I would look into your struts and springs if it is that harsh.
    Here'e mine -
    STS side.JPG

Carvone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS 1SG & 10 STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    If this car has the rare factory option (available only on 2007 Platinum and by special order on later cars) with the V brakes & hubs, it's the highest performance suspension available on any STS;

Sorry you don't appreciate it. If Platinums had ACC, I'd have some interest.
    EChas3......So are you saying only the "Platnium" STS's could get these wheels and brakes in 2007? Also, as you can see my 2007 has the wheels / brakes and it also has the ACC w/ HUD.??

Was not available with Platniums ever to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvone View Post
    I have a 2007 STS V8 with every known option available for that year including the performance package you have on yours.
    I have owned a couple of Cadillac's in the past and I will say this car is more of a sportier ride than the traditional "Caddy" ride, but is no where near what you are describing. The only way a dealer checks for bad struts is to look if they are leaking, no leaks means a good strut to them. A few months ago I had the dealer replace my leaking front struts under warranty, it really tightened the car up. With the old struts I couldn't feel a difference between Touring and Performance but with the new struts it is night and day. I would look into your struts and springs if it is that harsh.
    Here'e mine -
    Attachment 106459
    AWESOME! Thanks! I'm really happy to see another! I have looked at 1000's of pictures on the internet just trying to find another like mine. I'm so tired of being told "It's just the way the car is." If you have one, and yours doesn't ride like mine, I believe there's a problem. Was yours similar to what I was describing, like skating on ice? Prior to replacing the struts?
    Another odd question, does your STS have a wood grain strip down the center of the gear selector? Mine doesn't, and every one I see with wood trim has it. I have all the other wood trim, just not on the gear selector.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Perhaps I'm thinking of the later Platinums that could get the 6-lug wheel/V-brake setup. 2007 Platinum was not available with ACC.

Your grille is not not OEM. If you didn't do the mod, who knows how much of your car really is OEM. Have you ever had the VIN run or checked the tag on the spare tire cover?

Tourist is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 4

I would also add my two cents to check the leveling system. While it was not on a Cadillac, the lever that told the system when it was level came loose on my STE, and driving the car felt like it had no springs. Every bump was like riding a pogo stick. We re-attached the lever, the system changed from inflated to the stops to the proper setting, and the car's ride became normal again. What you are describing sounds the same. Good luck with your problem.

Thumbs up Re: 2007 Cadillac STS V8 WORST RIDE QUALITY! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tourist View Post
    I would also add my two cents to check the leveling system. While it was not on a Cadillac, the lever that told the system when it was level came loose on my STE, and driving the car felt like it had no springs. Every bump was like riding a pogo stick. We re-attached the lever, the system changed from inflated to the stops to the proper setting, and the car's ride became normal again. What you are describing sounds the same. Good luck with your problem.
    Do you know if the STS leveling system is similar to the old CVRSS systems? I know in either my Seville or DHS, if I sit on the trunk, the air ride instantly kicks on, and pumps the rear up and when i get off the trunk, the air dissapates. I played around last night sitting on my STS trunk and never heard it kick on, in fact I tried to jump around while on my trunk and I couldn't get the shocks to move 1/2 inch, like it was just stuck at that height. People always ask me if my car is supposed to sit that high in the rear, because it seems like it sits higher in the rear than anyone elses. Even the ones with PCZ package. It rides like an old work van with heavy duty shocks that are jacked all the way up, if anyone is familliar with the old C3500 Work Vans, that had the crazy stiff shocks.

My biggest issue is finding someone knowledgable enough to help me. The dealers know less than most independent shops around here. I spoke to someone at IPS racing here in Columbus, and he felt very confident he could help me. They do a lot of work on MRC Corvettes, including MRC Deletes, Mods, and Conversions. So I'm hoping they can help. I'm confident this isn't the way my car is supposed to be, and I'm also confident it's something stupid, like the level system, non OEM springs, bad programming, something of that nature. Wish me luck!

Thank you guys for all your help and input. Greatly appreciated.

Similar in that it has a level sensor with a rod connected between the body and lower a arm to detect ride height. Other than that magnetic ride control is competely different then cvrss (continuously varying road sensing suspension).

I'm in Pittsburgh and am pretty damn good with these cars. Again other than braking systems we have the same car welcome to come compare.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Similar in that it has a level sensor with a rod connected between the body and lower a arm to detect ride height. Other than that magnetic ride control is competely different then cvrss (continuously varying road sensing suspension).

I'm in Pittsburgh and am pretty damn good with these cars. Again other than braking systems we have the same car welcome to come compare.
    I come to washington, pa pretty often, I have standardbred racehorses, PM your number, I would love to check yours out next time I come up. Appreciate that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.