Gm customer service no help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 6 Post By curtc
  • 2 Post By EChas3
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Gm customer service no help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was in hope of getting some help in resolving a knock issue in my STS Northstar but after a ...
    neverlateSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4

Gm customer service no help

I was in hope of getting some help in resolving a knock issue in my STS Northstar but after a week at the dealer and racking up some 200 plus miles test driving my car it was handed back to me with the following answer:suspect engine firing pulses through exhaust system at certain rpms as designed no dtc's stored no misfires no preliminary or technical bullentins apply VEHICLE IS OPERATING TO SPECS.

This was written by the same people who called me and said they have isolated the noise to the engine but weren't quite sure what it was yet but something is wrong and should not sound like this.

I like the last statement in caps like they were yelling at me. I had a claim number and a rep who was calling me every day to check on the progress and then he suddenly stopped calling the day they gave me my car back not even a are you satisfied call.
    The dealer claims a engineer came to look at the car but could not put a name to him so you know that was the dealer bs approach. Do they think we are all stupid?
    I am actively looking for a new car now but after owning 6 Cadillacs I will never buy another one. Unfortunately the GM customer service is the same for a Chevrolet as one of these overpriced money pits. Going car shopping today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 95,000 miles

Re: Gm customer service no help

neverlatests, I fully agree with you on this one. Most products that I has bought is in the same boat when it come to customer service. Its customer NO SERVICE or BS. Every thing on my 06 STS has been running great. Thats because the first 47 month of its life was parked at the dealer, always for something. Danny

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

Guess some aren't so lucky...I've put 30k on my 06 since May of last year and have had the starter, water pump, and rear end seals done...under extended warranty...Oh, had to replace a motor mount too out of pocket.

And just to throw in my own GM dealer experience...Furlong Chevrolet/Buick, now known as Apple Chevrolet/Buick in Northfield, MN has never steered me wrong since my first Cadillac in 2005. I've always received outstanding customer service and always left satisfied with any work that was done....They did A LOT of work on my 2001 STS, that thing loved going to its 2nd home about once a month...I still bought a CTS after that and now my STS...I can't drive anything else, I tried, they all feel like junk cars compared to Cadillac.

Cars break, no matter who makes it, the nicer ones just cost more to fix...Go ahead and buy a Honda or some other eco-friendly tin can if you think it will make you feel better. I know I never will

Cadillac's for life!
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

jkharnage is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

You should try to dealing with GM before they filed bankruptcy and you have nobody to assist you. That was B.S.. One of the owner of a GMC dealership stated GM let alot of customers down including dealership owners. My suggestion, get a second and third opinion or have fun car shopping.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

GM Customer Service is now GM Customer Serves Us.

VEHICLE IS OPERATING TO SPECS? uh no. Sounds like the IT department at work when my system isn't working. I get "system is operating as designed" which means "yea something is broke we just don't know what it is and are too lazy to take the time to find out"

I don't blame you for getting mad as hell. Did you try another dealer yet? The right dealership/svc dept. can make all the difference.

Hope you get the issue resolved and don't write the entire Cadillac brand off

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I have no doubt there are poor dealers. Hopefully, GM's dealer closures only got them, even though I knows that's not how it played out.

I've had good dealers. I've got two very good, but different, Cadilac dealers less than 30 minutes in two directions. But don't discount your abilty to control your own dealer experience.

Even a poor dealer helps people they want to help.

neverlateSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4

I am looking at a CTS V as the LS engine architecture is much better for modifications and a much more stable engine. I was unable to locate a professional Northstar mechanic with skills in his or her hands and not in their Ipad around the Tampa Bay area so as soon as i can locate a satisfactory find I will let this beautiful car go.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    Guess some aren't so lucky...I've put 30k on my 06 since May of last year and have had the starter, water pump, and rear end seals done...under extended warranty...Oh, had to replace a motor mount too out of pocket.

And just to throw in my own GM dealer experience...Furlong Chevrolet/Buick, now known as Apple Chevrolet/Buick in Northfield, MN has never steered me wrong since my first Cadillac in 2005. I've always received outstanding customer service and always left satisfied with any work that was done....They did A LOT of work on my 2001 STS, that thing loved going to its 2nd home about once a month...I still bought a CTS after that and now my STS...I can't drive anything else, I tried, they all feel like junk cars compared to Cadillac.

Cars break, no matter who makes it, the nicer ones just cost more to fix...Go ahead and buy a Honda or some other eco-friendly tin can if you think it will make you feel better. I know I never will

Cadillac's for life!

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I have no doubt there are poor dealers. Hopefully, GM's dealer closures only got them, even though I knows that's not how it played out.

I've had good dealers. I've got two very good, but different, Cadilac dealers less than 30 minutes in two directions. But don't discount your abilty to control your own dealer experience.

Even a poor dealer helps people they want to help.
    So true. When my FWB broke down Tuesday, I called my caddy dealer and they kept the service department open for me until the tow truck got there. Didn't get there till 6 although they closed at 5p. I dread the Toyota dealership here. The could care less and always manage to piss me off every time.

Quote Originally Posted by neverlateSTS View Post
    I am looking at a CTS V as the LS engine architecture is much better for modifications and a much more stable engine. I was unable to locate a professional Northstar mechanic with skills in his or her hands and not in their Ipad around the Tampa Bay area so as soon as i can locate a satisfactory find I will let this beautiful car go.
    Awesome choice! My co-worker has a red 2011 CTS-V and she loves it. Are you going to wait until the 2014 redesign comes out or go with the current model? I should think they have most of the kinks worked out of the second gen by now.

Best of luck with your endeavor.

orange57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar RWD

I don't know that I would call the Northstar unstable. I just think that since it was in a much less broad range of vehicles it never gain any aftermarket, and never received any love from tuners. I've said it before, imagine if back in the 90's and early 2000's they put the Northstar in a more enthusiast orient car such as the Grand Prix, Camaro or Firebird. The bottom end on the Northstar is pretty stout and robust and from what I understand they cured most of the HG issues with the RWD switch. So i'm not so convinced that it is anymore unstable than any other engine out there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.