Cigarette Lighter Fuses
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Cigarette Lighter Fuses in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just need to know which ones to replace so I can get both the front and rear lighters working ...
    army_kid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

Cigarette Lighter Fuses

I just need to know which ones to replace so I can get both the front and rear lighters working again. Any help is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Cigarette Lighter Fuses

First replace the blown fuses. Locations are in the owners manual. Alternatively, do a search or two. There was a thread a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    First replace the blown fuses. Locations are in the owners manual. Alternatively, do a search or two. There was a thread a couple weeks ago.
    The search function isn't working on my phone and I can't access the main site from my phone or work CPU.. But I'll continue to search for an answer

Sorry. I don't know those specifics. Use Google "Cadillac STS forums lighter fuses". Or get the pdf version of your car's manual.

AllWheelEric is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG
    Pop the lid off the fuse box and turn it upside down. It's got a guide to the fuses right there.
    carter527 and carter527 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AllWheelEric
    Pop the lid off the fuse box and turn it upside down. It's got a guide to the fuses right there.
    Ah! You're a genius!! I'm not thinking in the right places at the moment..

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    Quote Originally Posted by army_kid View Post

Ah! You're a genius!! I'm not thinking in the right places at the moment..
    They don't say cigarette lighter it says something else. I just posted a post about this about last month search for it.

There's another fuse box at the base of the RR seat cushion. I forget which is where.

----------

Power Outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    There's another fuse box at the base of the RR seat cushion. I forget which is where.

----------

Power Outlet?
    Its two 15amp fuses under the hood right next to one another

Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra

Its two 15amp fuses under the hood right next to one another
    And that's for all of the outlets?

Quote Originally Posted by army_kid

And that's for all of the outlets?
    I'm sorry I looked under the hood and the names are outlet and ip outlet. The one marked outlet is for the one in the armrest and the rear and should have a 20amp fuse while ip outlet is just for the front and has a 15 amp fuse.

I find that my portable compressors (any of the 3) will blow these fuses very reliably. That doesn't happen on any other car. Does anyone else have this problem? 15 amps seems like plenty. I even blew the 20.

Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra

I'm sorry I looked under the hood and the names are outlet and ip outlet. The one marked outlet is for the one in the armrest and the rear and should have a 20amp fuse while ip outlet is just for the front and has a 15 amp fuse.
    Thank you for the help. Greatly appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by AllWheelEric View Post
    I find that my portable compressors (any of the 3) will blow these fuses very reliably. That doesn't happen on any other car. Does anyone else have this problem? 15 amps seems like plenty. I even blew the 20.
    There's probably a spike upon startup. Other vehicles might have slow-blow fuses which offer less protection, but might be OK in your STS. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance.

My portable compressor has it's own battery. Many inexpensive jump-packs are now equipped with compressors, too. If your compressors are getting old, any spikes might be worse. Even if they have a capacitor to mitigate the surge, they age as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    There's probably a spike upon startup. Other vehicles might have slow-blow fuses which offer less protection, but might be OK in your STS. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance.

My portable compressor has it's own battery. Many inexpensive jump-packs are now equipped with compressors, too. If your compressors are getting old, any spikes might be worse. Even if they have a capacitor to mitigate the surge, they age as well.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. A startup spike is a good theory, based on what I wrote, but that's not it. The pump runs for 30 sec or so until the fuse blows.

It was a nice day today, so I got my motorcycle out, and ran the compressor off the bike's lighter outlet that has only a 10 amp fuse. No problem. Fuses are not slow-blow, and are from the same multipack in the car and the bike.

I've been looking for an AC-powered compressor, but they don't seem to make small tankless AC compressors that are similar in size to their DC counterparts. Maybe I should look at jump packs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.