2006 sts wiring a rca conecctor problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 sts wiring a rca conecctor problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2006 sts with bose surround sound and I do not want to get an after market navi ...
    nicbenson6228 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts

2006 sts wiring a rca conecctor problem

I have a 2006 sts with bose surround sound and I do not want to get an after market navi system to match the pone I already have to get rrca hook ups so car stereo one sold me a rca connector kit or something like that that hooks up to two of the speakers to get rca conections. I paid a guy to hook it up and he did stuff wrong and it didn't work and he just took off with the money. I finally got it working and I found that it was hooked up to the front right speaker on the dash. I un hpooked it and put the wires back togeather using but connectors for that speaker. I would like to know what speaker should that run off of and what color they are and the color of a good wire to hook the acssory cable up to. and also how to hook up the power for the amp in the braker sorta next to the battery closer to the headlight so Idont have to worry about the system making my batter go dead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: 2006 sts wiring a rca conecctor problem

I need some help to understand. If your Bose 15.1 is OEM, you have the console RCA jacks (AUX input). If you don't have them and don't want to add them, I'd go with the uPAC-STS or similar device.

If you're looking for an output, I'd tap the left and right dash speakers. Bose are very low impedance, so you may need a special amp. You might be well advised to find a reputable stereo/security system shop. These cars are not simple.

DarkMingBlueSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 6 CYL
    Yeah I'm confused too...are you looking for an input to hook your phone up to or an output so you can use an aftermarket amp while keeping the head unit oem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.