2005 STS brake rotors and pads
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2005 STS brake rotors and pads in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello together, I'm Sammy from Germany and I bought a 05 STS. Right now I need to new rotors and ...
    Cadillac-Sam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS 2006, 98 DeVille

Lightbulb 2005 STS brake rotors and pads

Hello together,

I'm Sammy from Germany and I bought a 05 STS.
    Right now I need to new rotors and brake pads front and rear,
    but when I search for the GM parts by number I get different suggestions:
    with or without heavy duty and with or without performance package.

Can you help me with this?
    Which one is the right one and what is a performance package?

It's a 3.6 RWD.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
    Sammy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Do you have jl9 je5 or j56 brakes. Check your rpo sheet under spare tire cover

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Re: Cadillac STS brake rotors and pads

...well, 05 -07 sigma-based euro export cadillac sts only got JE5 or J56...
    ...the "performance JE5" only for STS V6 3.6 (5-lug) and the heavy duty brembo-based "J56" only for the STS V8 4.6 (6-lug) (...and the STS-V)
    ...from 08 up things changed...and the export 3.6 Di could have J56 also...

...a little German...:
    ...mal eben auf Deutsch, da Du ja schreibst, Du kommst aus Deutschland...hast Du ein "Domestic", also US-Modell...oder ein reguläres Europa-Export-Modell?
    ...die 3.6L V6 STS Europa Export-Modelle der Modelljahre 2005 - 2007 erhielten immer die sogenannten, etwas stärkeren "Performance Bremsen und Beläge", der RPO Code ist "JE5" mit "JE2"-Performance Bremsbelägen...den RPO-Sticker mit den Optionscodes findest Du im Kofferraum unter der Ersatzrad-Abdeckung...erkennbar auch an den Radschrauben...es sind 5-Loch Scheiben und 17 Zoll oder optionale 18 Zoll Felgen...
    ...die Europa-Exporte der V8-motorisierten STS mit dem 4.6L Northstar erhielten, im Gegensatz zu US- und Kanada-Markt, immer die "großen" Bremsen...ein Brembo-System...erkennbar an den noch größeren 6-Loch Bremsscheiben und Felgen, die hier immer 18 Zoll waren...der RPO-Code lautet "J56"...entsprechend anders und stärker sind auch dort die Bremssättel...
    ...die Basis-Bremsen, "JL9" gabs für den Europa-Export gar nicht...für den US-Markt allerdings war der 4.6L anfangs nur mit JL9 und den etwas größeren JL5 erhältlich...die große Option "J56" wurde dort erst später optional....zunächst war es dort nur dem STS-V vorbehalten...
    ...ab 2008 gabs wieder Änderungen für den V6...er wurde leistungsstärker und war, zumindest für den britischen Markt, da auch mit den großen "J56" ausgerüstet...über andere Märkte fehlen mir da aber auch noch genauere Infos...

targetSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG
    so Heiner,
    do you have j56 brake with 6lug hub?

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

My bets on JE5. Nice setup.

Good luck Sammy. I don't know your parts availability but over here, many members like Hawks.

Mullah88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6L (BLU); 1998 Seville STS (Delilah)
    I just bought some rotors from brakeworld.com but trying to find Hawk brakes, they always have JE5 fronts but the rear are in JL9 (a lot of sites where like that)? I ended up picking up another brand

r1concepts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Feel free to PM me if you need help deciding on what brakes to get for your vehicle and I'd be glad to help you out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.