Hate to introduce myself like this! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Hate to introduce myself like this! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; They could buy another comparable STS at an auction if your preference is replacement....
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Hate to introduce myself like this!

They could buy another comparable STS at an auction if your preference is replacement.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by 5TA1NER View Post
    2.5 quarts in 2,000 miles. i should finally be getting the buy back quote tomorrow. Only problem with a buy back is that the dealer is a chevy dealer so their options of what is available outside of used crap is pretty bad. Great dealer they just don't usually get a lot of cadillacs. I am hoping that they would go to an auction to find what i want. we will see.
    That's about the rate my Seville was burning oil. If they buy it back and get you another STS, don't you run the risk of running into the same problem?

I hope my STS doesn't start burning oil like that. I traded a `03 N* for '11 STS hoping to avoid the oil consumption issue. How ironic the last gen N* doesn't burn oil but the 3.6 does?

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

GM finally got the Northstar perfected for our cars. The irony of automotive design required it be discontinued even before the STS.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by 5TA1NER View Post
    2.5 quarts in 2,000 miles. i should finally be getting the buy back quote tomorrow. Only problem with a buy back is that the dealer is a chevy dealer so their options of what is available outside of used crap is pretty bad. Great dealer they just don't usually get a lot of cadillacs. I am hoping that they would go to an auction to find what i want. we will see.
    let them buy that back

4 weeks into it....

what if they dont get something right and your car spends even more time at their ship

I would take that buy back day

these cars are not rare...you can find another one

Warren

----------

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    GM finally got the Northstar perfected for our cars. The irony of automotive design required it be discontinued even before the STS.
    irony of automotive design?

from a competitive standpoint the Northstar was waaaay long on tooth in 2005 when they introduced the STS

IMO...the car should have been introduced with a better V8 with at least 2-3 MPG and 25-40 more HP and better than a 5 speed trans

Neither were up to the other V8 mid luxury cars then

I am sure you are implying the reliability factor in what you say...and I get that...as we all about the reputation that the northstar had for more than a decade of HG issues

But..if thats the could they should kept the old pushrod V8 and 4 speed tranny.....well I guess they did keep that tranny in the DTS didnt they?

In a time when mid line cars have a 6 speed and luxury cars(v8) have 8 speed automatics in many cases..GM was still using the 4 speed

Warren

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.