Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SLS LED Reverse Lamp Upgrade/Installation

8K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Tomas_30 
#1 ·
I've added the SLS LED reverse lamps to my STS and am very happy with the performance.

There were a few steps necessary, but nothing too crazy. The connector on the lamp assemblies is not compatible with the existing connector used in the STS, so the first thing I did was to change it to a standard Delphi Metri-Pack 150 series connector (shown here).

I did the same with the connector on the vehicle, including a connector position assurance lock (orange component) to make certain the two halves can't inadvertently separate.

You can see here the left assembly is installed and connected.

Once the left assembly was installed, I took a photo to compare the LED lamp with the standard incandescent lamp. The LED is most certainly whiter and brighter.

Here are a couple of photos showing how much light is produced. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the original reverse lamps for comparison.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
you forgot some words at thread name - "Revealing My Next Addition (c)"

...they are bright as hell
...yeah...;) ....nice work....btw., for the connection...I used a combination of 2-way AMP Superseal connectors and an adapter I made...(so there was no need in cutting the cars harness and I can, if I sell or change the car, "retrofit" everyting back to original in 5 min, without any traces)

#16 ·
I'll certainly keep that in mind :)

----------

I used a combination of 2-way AMP Superseal connectors and an adapter I made...(so there was no need in cutting the cars harness and I can, if I sell or change the car, "retrofit" everyting back to original in 5 min, without any traces)
Very nice! It's always good to keep your options open. I did keep the original connectors and can crimp new terminals on to revert back, if necessary. I would have preferred to purchase just the connector for the harness side, but it isn't readily available.

#25 ·
I think you need a few more posts before you can send private messages, but when you can, PM user targetSTS. He is in, I believe, Belarus and has access to many SLS parts. If you reply here and throw up a "hi, I'm new" post in the Community Lounge, you'll have 5 posts and I think then you can send private messages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.