- 03-16-13 07:20 PM #1Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Fort Worth
TPMS on the staggered 17" polished wheels
I have the staggered polished wheels on my 1SF, and from what I've seen looking around online, the only tire valves with TPMS are rubber stemmed ones.
Mine, which I have to assume are OEM, are metal.
Is the sensor a replaceable part? I'd be just fine with this, because I do not want rubber valve stems.
- 03-16-13 07:48 PM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- columbus ohio
Re: TPMS on the staggered 17" polished wheels
mckellyb, No, the oem sensor is one unit, I have found these to leak on the o-ring that seals inside of rim. Some time tire shop fails to clean this area. The replacement at Discount tire have a chrome cover over the stem. These seem to seal very well. Danny
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; Metric; Includes: 10mm X 11mm, 12mm X 13mm & 15mm X 17mm
- PowerTorque Tools - Metric Hex Bits Set
Metric Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Metric; Metric Hex Bits; Contains: 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 19 Piece; 1/4" Drive