Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wheel Alignment/Balance shop recommendations

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Zpak 
#1 ·
Something doesn't feel right, and the back end has been sliding out some on turns with what I believe is mild to moderate acceleration, especially on turns. The tires appear to have quite a bit left in them, so I don't think that is the problem.

I'm looking to get them aligned/rotated/balanced. Initially I called the dealer but they weren't accommodating to my schedule and said they only had one loaner that was already out, so I'd like to give someone else my business.

What are your thoughts on Sears, Walmart, Sam's and mom and pop shops for this job? Is the dealer worth it, or can I feel comfortable having one of these other stores do it and as far as chains go, which one is the best?

#4 ·
These cars tend to hold an alignment very well. Unless you feel it pulling to one side or have uneven tire wear, I wouldn't spend the money.

Any decent shop with a Hunter can do a good job balancing your tires; but how old are they? If they are over 5-years old, start looking for new tires. If they are still the OEM Michelins, you'll find anything else an improvement.

#10 ·
I think the Michelin's are too hard in hopes of long wear. This hurts handling and increases noise. Conti's are a lot softer compound but there are many choices. Tires amount to the biggest single way to make your car better suit your preferences.

You can also use the 235/50R18's all the way around if you prefer a quieter, more compliant ride.

#11 ·
Parents did the rear size on all 4 for the SRX that needed tires. I think it's handling is better / a bit more aggressive. They have the same wheelbase so I would expect a similar change. Also picking one size allows for rotation and more tire choices as not all tires are available in both sizes to accommodate the staggered setup.

#13 ·
I just bought 4 new michelins oem for my car because I am very pleased withe the tread wear
The fact that they are the originals (5yrs old)(37000 miles) still enough tread for 5k more. I went with the same set. Staggered front and rear,
Very nice ride. That's my personal opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.