2004-2006 V8 tuning update - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2004-2006 V8 tuning update in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by orange57 madtuner, would it be possible to reprogram the computers for a manual transmission? That should not ...
    madtuner is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2004-2006 V8 tuning update

Quote Originally Posted by orange57 View Post
    madtuner,

would it be possible to reprogram the computers for a manual transmission?
    That should not be an issue, though I would recommend going with the cable option in that case, since additional tweaks may be needed after the initial calibration.

orange57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar RWD

madtuner,

With your better focused insight into the moding, do you know what M/T's may work? While the 5speed A/T is a good trans, I really like rowing my own gears. If they would have offered the car with a manual, I would have found one with that option. Ideally a 6speed manual would be awesome...although I think the new Corvette is going to have a 7 speed

madtuner is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by orange57 View Post
    madtuner,

With your better focused insight into the moding, do you know what M/T's may work? While the 5speed A/T is a good trans, I really like rowing my own gears. If they would have offered the car with a manual, I would have found one with that option. Ideally a 6speed manual would be awesome...although I think the new Corvette is going to have a 7 speed
    You will likely need a number of custom-built parts with any manual conversion. I am not aware of any existing LH2 6-speed conversions, but 4L60E kits have been offered in the past for Northstars. Even with a bellhousing adapter, you would still need to find a suitable clutch and most likely have the input shaft modified.

I'm guessing you are correct that there are no LH2 6speed RWD's. CHR Fab makes a bell housing to adapt a Northstar to a manual, but I'm not sure if that is for the LH2 or not. I wonder how different the bell housing is on the 5L50E that was used in the CTS as well. Since the CTS was offered with the same A/T and a manual variant, I wonder if the bolt hole pattern is the same. I recall reading that the FWD Northstar engines had a unique bolt hole pattern for the bell housing, not sure if they carried that over to the RWD.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

the 07+ v8s were 6 speed auto

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    I think orange is looking for manual.

Yep, I want a manual CHRF said they have bellnhousings and clutch kits, they would just need to know what trans is being used. More of a pipe dream right now. I don't see having the time to take the car off the road for that duration in the near future to accommodate the swap/modifications.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.