Are 22's to big - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Are 22's to big in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp I'd be concerned about hitting a bump while turning sitting that low. ... is the Tint ...
    ITSQUIK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    I'd be concerned about hitting a bump while turning sitting that low. ... is the Tint about 20%?
    But the view from the front looks good with the stance it has now.

Time to open the headlights and mute / tint the chrome in them a little bit? (since everything else is smoked/tinted)
    Thank you for the compliment!!
    I've been hitting every little bump I can find just to make sure I don't have any issues. so far, so good. Yup, the front windshield is tinted 20% & the rest of the car is double 5%. I am considering the headlight mod. I think it would Definately complete the look.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

Re: Are 22's to big

574709_2796996101513_1786296359_n.jpg
    282893_2615073193554_91510518_n.jpg
    184591_2578754885619_605755372_n.jpg

dont think 22s are too big, think their just perfect. 24s fit but i dont like the ride any rougher than what its riding like now.

and i miss my old pearl 2000 dts on vogues, i wonder can i pull off 18 inch oem wheels and vogues on my sts, then i would say f 22s and 20s lol

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    I miss those DTS rims....

OriginalCaddyDaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 00, 03, 08, Escalade's. 07 Sts

Definitely feeling the Stocks on Vogues... Just got my sts 07 v8 pearl W on Cashmere as the daily. Really wanna keep it simple yet "Pimpish". Lookin for the best combo on vogue tires. If u have new style sts pics on vogues " Do Post "!!

STS Serge 172 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by ITSQUIK View Post
    Finally lowered my 05 today. Sitting on 22's with a very aggressive rear offset. I understand some of you guys saying 22's look rediculous but to each their own.[COLOR="Silver"]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Is this really how your car sits with just the D3 lowering springs installed? Did you have to get the bypass program deal to modify the rear self leveling device?

If that's the case then I might not need to go with the universal air struts :/ That's plenty flush for me...it would be different with 20's tho...

Quote Originally Posted by STS Serge 172

Is this really how your car sits with just the D3 lowering springs installed? Did you have to get the bypass program deal to modify the rear self leveling device?

If that's the case then I might not need to go with the universal air struts :/ That's plenty flush for me...it would be different with 20's tho...
    Lol, Yes it is. On my 05 the rear shocks are the internally valved leveling shocks. I put the springs in & the car didnt lower in the rear, I was completely baffled because I knew it didnt have MRC & I didnt see any lines or wires going to the shocks so I thought I was good. I called D3 & they told me I had to use the adapter plates that came with the springs on the rear shocks. Basically it raises the shock up higher into the top mount so that the shock thinks the car is at the correct height. I absolutely Love it & the car still rides the same unless I get a little aggressive!! Lol

STS Serge 172 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Lol, Yes it is. On my 05 the rear shocks are the internally valved leveling shocks. I put the springs in & the car didnt lower in the rear, I was completely baffled because I knew it didnt have MRC & I didnt see any lines or wires going to the shocks so I thought I was good. I called D3 & they told me I had to use the adapter plates that came with the springs on the rear shocks. Basically it raises the shock up higher into the top mount so that the shock thinks the car is at the correct height. I absolutely Love it & the car still rides the same unless I get a little aggressive!! Lol
    I see--too bad I just heard D3 discontinued the lowering springs :/ custom air system it must be lol

Thanks for the info.

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    Those white gfg wheels On that white sts are nice. I have some chrome Asanti's I want painted diamond white sitting in my garage

----------

In my opinion 22's fit perfectly. The ride is a bit more rough but it's manageable. 24's are too big. 22's barely change the height of the vehicle and it looks normal. I kinda like when my 22's are on because I don't have to worry about pulling off the black rubber piece on the bottom of the front bumper when I park, as I have done over and over again with my factory wheels. What is that piece called I need a new one, mines is torn and chewed up from parking lot humps. Lol

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/B&G....1.003/643109/

same springs

----------

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalCaddyDaddy View Post
    Definitely feeling the Stocks on Vogues... Just got my sts 07 v8 pearl W on Cashmere as the daily. Really wanna keep it simple yet "Pimpish". Lookin for the best combo on vogue tires. If u have new style sts pics on vogues " Do Post "!!
    seen a xts on 20 inch vogues the other day lawd have mercy it was pearl white and had new tag too. Next time i see it I will get pic

----------

Finally lowered my 05 today. Sitting on 22's with a very aggressive rear offset. I understand some of you guys saying 22's look rediculous but to each their own.

----------

No Rub either, by the way!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    did you roll your fenders more? i know theyre rolled from the factory but just asking did you flare them a tad more. im bout ready to lower my sts
    Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren

same springs

----------

seen a xts on 20 inch vogues the other day lawd have mercy it was pearl white and had new tag too. Next time i see it I will get pic

----------

did you roll your fenders more? i know theyre rolled from the factory but just asking did you flare them a tad more. im bout ready to lower my sts
    Nope, didnt need to, but Funny you ask. Cause it is going into my buddy's custom body shop next week. Flaring out a 1/2 inch on each rear wheel well so I can fit a 305 or 315 under the back & also finishing the center exhaust bezel & smoothing & color-matching the black panel where the old exhaust cutouts were located. Pics will Definately follow!!!

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Nope, didnt need to, but Funny you ask. Cause it is going into my buddy's custom body shop next week. Flaring out a 1/2 inch on each rear wheel well so I can fit a 305 or 315 under the back & also finishing the center exhaust bezel & smoothing & color-matching the black panel where the old exhaust cutouts were located. Pics will Definately follow!!!
    Sounds exciting. And it's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren

same springs

----------

----------

Nope, didnt have to. But, funny that you ask. It is actually going into my buddy's Custom Shop next week. We are going to flare out the rear wheel wells 1/2 inch so I can fit a 305 or 315 under the back. Also going to finish the center exhaust trim & smooth & color match the black panel where the original exhaust cutouts were located. Pics will most Definately follow!!!!

----------

My bad for the double post, lmao, iPhone acting stupid!!! And yes, Definately bout time to finish te back bumper!! I have a few more appearance tricks up my sleeve while its in the shop but those will remain on te DL for now!! Lol

Nope, didnt have to. But, funny that you ask. It is actually going into my buddy's Custom Shop next week. We are going to flare out the rear wheel wells 1/2 inch so I can fit a 305 or 315 under the back. Also going to finish the center exhaust trim & smooth & color match the black panel where the original exhaust cutouts were located. Pics will most Definately follow!!!!

----------

My bad for the double post, lmao, iPhone acting stupid!!! And yes, Definately bout time to finish te back bumper!! I have a few more appearance tricks up my sleeve while its in the shop but those will remain on te DL for now!! Lol
    I def need some 305 or 315's in the back hell i had 295 but dummies gave me 285 kumhos when i took it to the shop. I think 285s can go on my front wheels since the 265s are still streched a tad but my backs are noticeably streched and belts keep breaking on the inside of the tire and this is because of the severe strech and i asked for road hazard but they said cant get it unless I asked before I paid for them. I'm just gonna buy a whole new set of tires eventually because I'm sick of cursing people out about what they think will work on my car, they dont listen and try and give you what they have in stock. Only good thing is my oem tires cost more than my 22 tires but I'm back on factory wheels until a carshow comes up, my other gfg's for my gtp would look nice on my sts except for their 20s =(

Gomaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS II

I find anything larger than 20's make the ride ruff and limmits the weight you can put in the back seat (even with self leveling suspension). but.......22 adn 24 sure look sweet lol.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

All for show but no go?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.