Project HUD - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Project HUD in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I haven't tried this. There are a couple of settings when configuring the vehicle options. One of the first screens ...
    ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: Project HUD

I haven't tried this. There are a couple of settings when configuring the vehicle options. One of the first screens allows for the selection of the country (the list is actually quite lengthy). I know that in some countries DRL's are not active. It may require changing the country selection to do this though. I have no idea how this would change other vehicle parameters. The export alarm is different as well as several other parameters (ie, no VCIM). When I have a chance I'll try changing the DRL setting without changing the country and see what happens. My vehicle was originally manufactured for the US market but I noticed that when it was imported, the dealership changed this setting to Canada.

PontiacV8 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Daddler does shutting off DRL in the IPM turn off the amber turn signals during the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by ddalder View Post
    II know that in some countries DRL's are not active. It may require changing the country selection to do this though.
    ...should work...you know, "amber" colored DRL isn't allowed in european ECE area countries...so it is disabled on export cars...

...remember my question in this thread (about activating DRL on my export STS) ?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3389825

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3398297

...after asking my dealer he has done it for me on my car via Tech 2 (...just for testing) ...don't ask for details ...but it was done very quickly...and has worked...

...so disabling should...or could also work...vice versa...

I figured that this is possible, I'm just not sure if it requires changing the country ID or just the DRL parameter. Both are easily and quickly accomplished with just a Tech2. I've never tested it because I personally believe DRL's are a good idea and have no interest in disabling them.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I'm tired of burned out turn signal bulbs as well as everyone for the most part here knows my hatred of amber lights on cars haha.

It's odd that you are having problems with bulbs burning out. I've had my STS for 3 years now and never had a DRL/signal bulb burn out. I've only ever had to replace one side marker bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by ddalder
    It's odd that you are having problems with bulbs burning out. I've had my STS for 3 years now and never had a DRL/signal bulb burn out. I've only ever had to replace one side marker bulb.
    Srx has a tsb for melting sockets. If you don't mind testing it ill tell my dealer to shut it off when they turn on HUD.

Daddler

Can you list the steps you took to access the ipm to manually change options.

My dealer says they cannot make changes on it I was going to provide them instructions how to get to the menu like you have.

They said unable to communicate with module when they tried. It may be they meant the ipm could not detect the HUD so it wouldn't turn on I'm not sure.

As soon as I have an opportunity, I'll either list the steps or make a video. My question is the same... were they unable to communicate with the IPM, or did they successfully connect to the IPM but when they tried to turn it on they got an error? If they were unable to connect to the IPM, the vehicle would use the backup settings stored in the RIM, but there should be a DTC set for 'Lost Communication With The Instrument Panel Module'. The only time I've ever had an error that the Tech2 was unable to connect to a module was when the module was defective (or missing), or the vehicle was built incorrectly in the Tech2 (wrong vehicle selected).

I only spoke briefly with the tech when I stopped in to pick up my ARP bolts and gaskets to finish my LS2 build on the Camaro (were in the trunk and has been for several weeks so figured about to time to drop by and grab those) and the techs words were that he tried to turn it on but it was unable to communicate. I didnt think to ask if he meant the IPM or since the HUD isnt present yet it wouldn't turn on.

I HIGHLY doubt there's an issue with my IPM. I monitor the module with my Snap on Ethos (incapable of bilateral controls but can read all modules) and I never had a failed IPM code.

I look forward to your video, I GREATLY appreciate it.

Haven't forgotten about the video, just been very busy. I finally set-up my a new stand and TV for my sister tonight. She's been waiting about 5 weeks. It won't be that long, probably in the next 5-6 days.

Thanks daddler as always!!!

Thanks daddler as always!!!
    I tried to send you a PM but you are at your maximum limit...

Cleared. Sorry!!!

Darcy, do you know the name or a part number for the threaded inserts that mount into the dash carrier that bolts the HUD down? Thanks!

EDIT

Got it

3 needed.

Darcy, do you know the name or a part number for the threaded inserts that mount into the dash carrier that bolts the HUD down? Thanks!

EDIT

Got it

3 needed.
    That's pretty much what I was going to post. They are a metal clip that expands slightly as the screw passes through preventing them from pulling out. It is the same part that's used in other parts of the dash. Very common at the auto wrecker in a lot of GM vehicles. I have about 30 of them sitting on the shelf.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.