Sts 2005 Navigation System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Sts 2005 Navigation System in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Any One Have Problems Woth Teh Navigation System Not Being Acurate. My Car Has Me Making Illegal Turn Across Intersections. ...
    fastrega is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sts 2005 Navigation System

Any One Have Problems Woth Teh Navigation System Not Being Acurate. My Car Has Me Making Illegal Turn Across Intersections. Alos Anyone Have A Code To Let Me Watch Dvd, Use Navigation And Use Bluetooth While Driving. The New Law Is A Pain In My Butt Im Sure Someone Knows How To Get Around That.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DVos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Sts 2005 Navigation System

No, mine works great.

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fastrega
    Any One Have Problems Woth Teh Navigation System Not Being Acurate. My Car Has Me Making Illegal Turn Across Intersections. Alos Anyone Have A Code To Let Me Watch Dvd, Use Navigation And Use Bluetooth While Driving. The New Law Is A Pain In My Butt Im Sure Someone Knows How To Get Around That.
    Fastrega,

As far as making illegal turns and such, have you read the "Warning" screen that appears every time you attempt to use Nav after starting the car? It specifically says you should use YOUR OWN GOOD JUDGMENT - and not rely entirely on the Nav system. If the car tells you to do something you know shouldn't be done, then do the right thing and the car will readjust your Nav profile.

My Nav is almost always dead-on and is quite impressive. You may need to calibrate your system. There are several ways to increase system accuracy which are discussed in the manual. If you can't get them to work, your dealer will calibrate the system for you without charge.

As far as the DVD-while-driving issue.....there are no *known* hacks, at this time. The SRX forum has a mechanism to defeat that limitation in the SRX head-unit only. The STS head unit is a completely new, next-generation design, so none of the same hacks work on this unit. At least not that anyone has published.

The bluetooth phone will work while driving - you can make and receive calls without any trouble. I assume you mean that you want to type the phone number on the bluetooth screen - which is purposefully "grayed-out". You can use the voice command functions to do what needs to be done - just read the manual and it's fairly simple. Unfortunately, voice command in the STS is simply awful.

Finally, the laws which cover DVD-while-driving, cellphone and other driver distractions are intended to keep your eyes where they belong....on the road in front of you and not on all the wonderful gewgaws in the car. While I fully believe in the right of free expression, I'm not real enthusiastic about some boneheaded moron in the car next to me trying to dial his phone or watch TV at 60 miles an hour. If he wants to kill himself, I think it's probably a good way to thin the gene pool (it's too polluted as it is), but I don't want some frickin idiot killing me or mine.

As they say, "Hang Up And Drive"....or in the case of the STS "Turn Off The DVD And Drive".

Just my $.02......

Regards,

John

Fred STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS, '04 Esculade ESV, '98 BMW Z3

Mine works well. I'm not an expert, but have you tried ejecting the disc and reinstalling?

Blue Chip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm delighted with the NAV. I used it around town just to see how it works and was amazed at what it did. I put in the address of a shopping center and then a restaurant I go to often. The routes it showed me were the same distances as those I was using, but I spent more time on 35 mph streets, rather than 25 mph. I am now able to get to these destinations faster. Even better, I took a friend home one night after a conference. I didn't know where she lived, but she gave me directions. After dropping her off, I realized we had been yacking the whole time, and I had paid no attention to the half-dozen turns we made through several streets in her sub-division. I had no idea how to get home. NAV to the rescue! I pressed the home icon and was led through a maze of dark, unlit streets right to my home. Wonderful!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.