Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jsmoov24 
#1 ·
As I have posted before, I have received my 05 STS, Red Line, 1SG pkg. over 2 months ago and I am really enjoying the car, but I have noticed that no one that has received their STS has said anything about the quietness of the interior of the vehicle even at highway speeds.
It feels like you are sealed in a noise proof container and you can listen and hear everything on the radio, CD's, etc. with no wind noise.
For example the other day while driving down a city street I noticed a vehicle in front of me pull off the road to the right and I thought that they were having some sort of trouble but as I passed them I noticed a EMS vehicle approaching from the rear with siren/flashing lights on and my wife nor I had heard this emergency vehicle before, we then pulled over. We are not hearing impaired but we will pay closer attention from now on and this will not happen again. Boy this baby is quiet and when you recirculate the interior air you get no odors from the outside, even when following an older car that is burning oil.
In my opinion Cadillac has hit the nail on the head as for as quality and performance and no other Europian/Asian car can match the 05 STS.

#2 ·
you are absolutely right!! :thumbsup: very quiet ride, I had Caddy's in the past, 1989 Coupe Deville, 1994 Caddy Eldorado and a 1999 Caddy Sedan DeVille, and this by far has the nicest ride... I have the V-8 model and I love to start it up because you hear that sublte roar of that Northstar engine.. i ahd a Chrysler 300C with the Hemi try to race me and I was able to take him with no problems. by far the best car i have ever owned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.