new and looking into purchasing a cadillac - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, new and looking into purchasing a cadillac in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 05 sts with a v8 it is loaded nav,HUD,mrc and such I love the car and when ...
    scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

Re: new and looking into purchasing a cadillac

I have a 05 sts with a v8 it is loaded nav,HUD,mrc and such I love the car and when it is all waxed up it looks awesome but personally I would not buy such a big car with a v6(sorry guys) and for the fuel mileage I get I should of looked more for a sts-v, but there hard to find here in Ontario! I chose this car over a 2005 cts-v the ride was much more luxurious, and wasn't feeling the standard transmission in the car I found it felt crowded, but I personally love my car, oil changes are pricey 8L of synthetic motor oil adds up. Just don't jump the river and buy the first one you see and be sure to make sure the car unlocks as you walk up to it and such because they are known for having broken door handles, anyways just look around!

is3_ftw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Soon

Are STS(V) models come standard, or are they all Auto?
    All good info about motors and stuff.
    I like the design from 08+ models. 05+ still have a good design and leaning towards them yrs. Unless I can steal an 08 from someone...

Whats the price you guys pay for gas from 1/4 tank to full on what level of gas? I use 92 octane Chevron in my IS.

Quote Originally Posted by truckinman View Post
    Just letting you know I can relate trying to make the switch from a Lexus to a caddy. I'll admit, you won't find a more reliable luxury car than a Lexus, but I love my STS and haven't looked back. My GS even had the navigation, and my STS does not. Yet I'd still take my STS over the Lexus. Even tho it's not QUITE as fast, my STS is much more pleasurable to drive. It's got a TON more personality. It's got American heritage. It's just an all around better experience than my Lexus.

Again, it was nice getting nearly 250k outa the ES and not even having anything break on it until the 235k mark.
    Likewise. My 01 IS300 has over 230k now without any major issues. I do like the reliability and to step away and go into something that I have no experience with cautions me. Ive always used Full Synthetic oil

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Platinum STS has it all EXCEPT ACC, at least prior to 2008. Starting in 2010, RainSense were deleted and V8's became almost rare. Although many of the best options were only available on V8 models in early years, this was relaxed a bit in later years.

Unless mileage is a high priority, I'd look for a 2008 or 2009 loaded 1SG. I love the toys, especially ACC!
    What is ACC?

Quote Originally Posted by truckinman View Post
    I've gotta pretty basic model STS. Doesnt even have a sun roof. But it's still got more bells n whistles then, say a loaded impala of the same year. Or Honda accord even. I've got the auto wipers, power telescoping tilting wheel that saves to memory. Heated seats. Bose. Back up sensors. Remote start/keyless start. And the list really goes on. I'm more than happy with my car. It is the V6 with 255 hp but that still enough power to have fun in. If I turn off the traction and stability control, it will still burn the tires clear thru a two lane intersection when I stomp hard on the gas.
    Does the remote start come standard with the STS or did you buy aftermarket?

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I think Remote Start is standard but I might come with Nav.

ACC is Radar Cruise Control. Not everyone likes it but I doubt I buy another daily driver without it.

I'm not a V expert but I think they all have 6-speed autos.

The tank hold 17.5 gallons.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Yes, 6 speed autos on the Vs......with manual override of course.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    I think all have remote start standard.

hahaha...I meant is it standard for STS and the V. I wasnt clear

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    I think all have remote start standard.
    Yep remote start is standard regardless the package you may have.

It won't work for Fobs matched as #3 or #4 due to configuration settings for Driver 1 & 2, which must be set as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    It won't work for Fobs matched as #3 or #4 due to configuration settings for Driver 1 & 2, which must be set as well.
    Im confused lol

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    You can pair 4 key fobs to the car. Only those that are matched as 1 or 2 can have personalized settings. Each driver must enable the remote start feature in their profile. They also can set if they want cabin temp controlled and seat temp and rear defrost / heated mirrors activated. Cabin temp when enabled always works, the others are based on exterior temp and coolant temp to determine what needs to be turned on. If its hot enough outside the seat ventilation turns on if cold enough the heated seat is on.

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    You can pair 4 key fobs to the car. Only those that are matched as 1 or 2 can have personalized settings. Each driver must enable the remote start feature in their profile. They also can set if they want cabin temp controlled and seat temp and rear defrost / heated mirrors activated. Cabin temp when enabled always works, the others are based on exterior temp and coolant temp to determine what needs to be turned on. If its hot enough outside the seat ventilation turns on if cold enough the heated seat is on.
    And to add to this so you don't get even more confused after you buy one, on the back of each fob is a number. Those numbers mean nothing when it comes to programming them. It's simply a way to identify between your wifes and your remote for example.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    If equipped. Vent seats are rare. Heated are cimmon but still optional equipment.

I found a car that looks like it has everything but the kitchen sink. I like the color combo cus of the black interior and its not silver, black or white exterior.
    Let me know what you think about the car; miles and cost. Just remember that this is WA with 1 of the highest tax states. Based on that, the price might be higher than your state.
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...27900661&Log=0

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Thats awesome. On my car, I have a clifford alarm that has remote start. I have to program everything by hand before I get out of the car. Cus mine isnt electrical, but manual

I think all but the base models get the heated seats. Vented are included on 1SG (incl Platinum) & optional on 1SC (V6) & 1SF (V8).

----------

Seems a bit high for a base V8 with 75,000 miles. Any warranty?

I didn't see Navigation so no Bluetooth, either.

^^^^if you look at the last pic, it shows a nav screen or am I mistaken?
    How do you know its a base, versus one with all the options?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.