Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Aftermarket stereo system 2005 3.6

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  curtc 
#1 ·
I have a lot of good equipment that I'm undecided about if I should put it in my car. Everything is JL Audio(1000/1, 450/4, 2 12w3 subs, and 2 sets of xr650 mids and highs), the head unit would remain oem(audio control piece to convert high to low)
So my questions are...
1) extra battery and/or caps? But I do want to keep the weight down as much as possible
2) how bad do these cars rattle? I'm already planning on dynamat for the doors and trunk area
3) or should I just leave the car alone because of the electronics and batteries dying every few years?

#2 ·
Caps are useless, no real point to them...Do some reading and you'll find out why. As for the extra power, FIRST thing to do is the Big 3 wiring upgrade, Google that, it'll make sense. A second battery may be needed as I know that 1000/1 is an absolute BEAST.

I get no rattles with the stock 15 speaker set up but that's all I can attest to.

The AudioControl units are very nice and should be relatively easy to integrate. I say go for it, tempted to through in my 12W6...Have a 900w RMS Orion amp...turned down a bit cause she'd blow that JL in a heartbeat if I let her, already had the W6 refoamed twice :)

#3 ·
curtc said:
Caps are useless, no real point to them...Do some reading and you'll find out why. As for the extra power, FIRST thing to do is the Big 3 wiring upgrade, Google that, it'll make sense. A second battery may be needed as I know that 1000/1 is an absolute BEAST.

I get no rattles with the stock 15 speaker set up but that's all I can attest to.

The AudioControl units are very nice and should be relatively easy to integrate. I say go for it, tempted to through in my 12W6...Have a 900w RMS Orion amp...turned down a bit cause she'd blow that JL in a heartbeat if I let her, already had the W6 refoamed twice :)
Yes I agree about the caps I've never put one in any of my systems(only an extra battery) and agreed on the wire upgrade as it will be a fairly large system. I'm just afraid to do all this work and the car won't "like" it...maybe I'll just do the subs first and then later hack up the doors for the xr's...but you know what I say "no highs, no lows, must be Bose"

#4 ·
DarkMingBlueSTS said:
but you know what I say "no highs, no lows, must be Bose"
Totally agree...the OEM systems in my 95 and 01 Seville's were seriously lacking, same with my CTS, so it was a no brainer...This system is FAR better than those so I am hesitant as it sounds pretty good as is and I like having the trunk space, but I really do miss that JL bass :(

#6 ·
curtc said:
Totally agree...the OEM systems in my 95 and 01 Seville's were seriously lacking, same with my CTS, so it was a no brainer...This system is FAR better than those so I am hesitant as it sounds pretty good as is and I like having the trunk space, but I really do miss that JL bass :(
Got the LC7i and the remote level control for it today. The LC7i is a serious unit with some cool features. I think you were the one who told me about the audio control piece a few months back, thank you curt!

#7 ·
Nice buy! I've read good things and heard even better first hand testimonials about their products...If I ever put my W6 in the STS, or upgrade the audio there will be an AudioControl unit in my car.

Looking forward to hearing about your results of the project!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.