STS- Remote Start-Heated Seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS- Remote Start-Heated Seats in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I noticed that when I use my remote start on the STS the heated seats are NOT going on. I ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

STS- Remote Start-Heated Seats

I noticed that when I use my remote start on the STS the heated seats are NOT going on. I have 1SG so the seats are heated and cooled. I have the icon enabled in the personilaztion menu and it does not go on when I remote start the car. The heated seats do work but I just cannot seem to get them to work during a remote start.

Anyone out there have success/faliure with this feature? I am trying to avoid a trip back to the dealer.

PS- It is about 29 degrees in NY today, so it is plenty cold for them to kick in dufing start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DVos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: STS- Remote Start-Heated Seats

ME TOO!! I'm hoping this has something to do with a computer glitch. But, I went to my CONFIG screen and clearly chose the option for the seats to go on when I remote start.

DG2

Interesting. Well, it sounds like a minor computer reset/reprogram may fix the problem. I am not going to rush back to the dealer for this as I will just wait for the first oil change to take it back. However, please let me know if you learn anything or take yours back. Thanks.

PS- I must say that I love this remote start feature. I am able to remote start my STS from the 5th floor of my office ( I can see the car from my window) to my STS eaisly 250 plus feet away! Great car....

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

It's annoying! My '03 Town Car is the same. I believe that they are pre-programmed to go to OFF when you turn the car off. Used to be if you left the switch ON - the next morning if you remote started the seat would resume where you left them..ON. But now they revert to OFF as soon as the engine is turned off. Pretty much makes the remote start useless. Ditto the same with the heater...reverts to OFF.

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Don't they come on when you actually SIT? I know if the heated seats are enabled in the Escalade they don't activate until someone sits on the seat.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

You have to activate each feature, once you have enabled the remote start. With the base radio, once you have enabled the remote start, you will then have to turn the tuner knob to allow or disallow the rear defog, climate control, and seat temperature. The nav setup is similar, and detailed in the instruction.

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Msheri,

I agree with you...but I've done that (at least according to the manual, I've done it) and at no time have I *ever* been able to get the seat-heat to come on with the remote start - even on days when it's been 27F outside and the interior temperature was set to 90F.

Regards,

John

DG2

Quote Originally Posted by msheri01
    You have to activate each feature, once you have enabled the remote start. With the base radio, once you have enabled the remote start, you will then have to turn the tuner knob to allow or disallow the rear defog, climate control, and seat temperature. The nav setup is similar, and detailed in the instruction.
    I have also followed the letter of the instruction manual and properly activited the icon that should allow the heated seat to go on during a remote start. The climate control works as does rear defrost , but I cannot get the heated seat to go on. The seat does work when I manually turn it on. It is so cold in NY now that I want the thing to work !

harryctsv is offline Banned

DG2

Hi, there
    on my DTS or XLR I don`t have the remote-start, can you tell me if the doors or open or looked when you remote start it?
    Thanks
    Harry

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Harry,

In order to use the remote start on the STS you have to push the Lock button on the remote and then push-and-hold the Start button until the marker lamps illuminate.

I'm told that you have to use the Lock button to ensure the car is "closed to the public" and the marker lamps illuminate so you'll know the car is, indeed, running. There's also a 10 or 15 minute limit to how long the car will run before you have to actually get in and press the starter. There is a way to add an extra 10 or 15 minutes, but I don't recall how it works.

Hope this is helpful!

Regards,

John

harryctsv is offline Banned

Thank you John,

this was very helpfull because I didn`t know how it works.
    Well, I still have to wait about 4-5 months till the first export STS hit germany, but I´ll be one of the first who buys on.

Thanks again

Harry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.