Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Customized STS Headlights and Foglights

8K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Evil_STS 
#1 ·
Cadillac STS headlights have the habit of leaking water and ruining the chrome so I decided to spruce mine up a little bit by repainting them flat black. Does anyone know if this is actually street legal or if there is actually a market for people wanting something like this. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure resealing them will fix the leak problem.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Customized Cadillac STS Headlights and Foglights

The only issue I see is the turn signal reflector no longer being reflective.
I can see Police not liking that as a safety concern, I have wanted to replace that with an amber panel of LEDs instead.
Perhaps you could find a rectangular LED panel with bright amber LEDs and retrofit that into the DRL / Turn signal spot.

#9 ·

Here's a look at the pair of HID headlights we ended up making also. The fog lights didn't turn out so great once I put an amber bulb in them so I'll have to come up with a better idea for those. I try to stay away from aftermarket LED stuff, but I may end up opening the light back up and trying to put some different bulbs in.

Attachments

#18 ·

I think the led halo looks great. I saw a pic from some Russian site of an STS with custom angel eyes and I've been planning to do this to mine, Just want to make sure I use the correct kinds and materials before attempting it. Would you be able to help with a link of a site where you got yours? The mm size of the ring and etc?

#20 ·

Unless the Halo's come stock, its not worth the headache of replacing them a few times, during the time you own them. I heard many complaints about people opening their headlights more times than they wanted to, cus their halos stop working. Its not just plug-in and never have to worry about them. Plus, you need delicate hands and dont bump them hard. They do break easy. Also, the signal wont be a factor with the PO-PO's, as long they blink amber.

#22 ·

There's a thread covering the whole process. I think the 'Sticky Thread' at the top of the forum has a link to it.

As I recall, it takes heat & patience to disassemble it. Good sealer & a steady hand make for a good refurb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.