Cadillac Owners Forum banner

06 V6 with 22's Alignment Questions

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting an alignment on my 06 v6 STS with 22x9 front and 22x10 rear wheels. I'm getting a slight vibration at high speeds (usually around 60mph but clears up at 70mph) as well as inner tire wear front and back. These tires aren't cheap and I can't rotate them because of the staggered fitment. I was told by an alignment shop that the shimmy at high speeds would be the tires need balanced and that there isn't a whole lot of adjustment for the camber/caster, but I'm also worried about the tire wear from camber. Has anybody had these issues and if so what did you do to cure them? I found these camber bolts online from Moog and wondered if this would cure the problem.

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2006/cadillac/sts/suspension/alignment_cam_bolt_kit.html

#7 ·
You can look at the shocks and if they have an bladder you have air shocks. Or you can look in the spare your cover and check the codes. I have fe3 I dont know the other suspension codes that are air ride. But I knew mine were leaking a dau it had rained and I could air the air seeping out and blowing bubbles. Plus the rear was a bit low and the compressor came on frequently.

#8 ·
Not air shocks really, just a bladder for load leveling, the shock has no air in it...

FE3 is the spring stiffness

My F55 MRC suspension has the same bladder system for load leveling purposes.

#9 ·
There are two STS leveling systems and some models may not have it at all (as I recall from member posts.) There is a thread dealing with the topic in depth. D3 used to market different kits for each application and even those kits put 'correct' alignment out of reach.

As I recall, lowering more than D3's kits without massive work caused serious handling & wear issues. I would never sacrifice my handling but it's your car, enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.