sts 1SG
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, sts 1SG in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Am in the market for a black with grey interior STS V8 with the 1SG package and the adaptive cruise ...
    cfpnc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

sts 1SG

Am in the market for a black with grey interior STS V8 with the 1SG package and the adaptive cruise control as an add on. Have looked everywhere but come up empty. Seems like Cadillac advertises all of this great technology but doesn't make any available with it all. Latest am told there is a "hold". Anyone out there help out?? Suggestions??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: sts 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by cfpnc
    Am in the market for a black with grey interior STS V8 with the 1SG package and the adaptive cruise control as an add on. Have looked everywhere but come up empty. Seems like Cadillac advertises all of this great technology but doesn't make any available with it all. Latest am told there is a "hold". Anyone out there help out?? Suggestions??
    As far as I know, they were on restriction a while ago, but it was lifted. Might have to order one vs getting one on a dealer lot, though, since that's a pretty loaded vehicle.

STSgirl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS (1SG) & 2007 Escalde EXT

My 1SG w/ Adaptive Cruise and AWD is on order (Black w/ Cashmere inter.).

You are better off ordering it though, because GM is a bit backed up with orders already, and they're going to build their "sold" orders before they build unsold 1SG's to ship to dealerships.
    In my opinion, I thought the gray interior looked kinda "cheap." Remember that the 1SG package has the extra woodgrain details. Just my opinion though

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Swope in Louisville, Ky;Montrose in Kent, Ohio;Bob Robinson in Wheeling, WVa all show this combination of options. The color combo will be an issue. Most of the black cars either have ebony or cashmere interior. If you can be more specific about your location, I can look closer to where you are.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The only 2 showing built are in Bristol, CT and Wheat Ridge, Co. if you are wanting AWD too. There are RWD ones in Grove City, PA and West Bend, WI.

Thanks for all the help. Color combo is not that big of an issue, and I could be flexible on the colors, as the Moonstone is also nice..

DVos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Order the package just below the 1SG. I think it's the 1F or something? It has everything the 1SG does except 18" wheels (which you can just tell them to put on) and the ZF steering.

THAT'S ALL.

STSgirl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS (1SG) & 2007 Escalde EXT

Quote Originally Posted by DVos
    Order the package just below the 1SG. I think it's the 1F or something? It has everything the 1SG does except 18" wheels (which you can just tell them to put on) and the ZF steering.

THAT'S ALL.
    WRONG!!
    The 1SG package includes the 18" wheels and the ZF Steering, but ALSO, the optional Adaptive Cruise w/ heads up display (NOT an option on the 1SF). The All Wheel Drive is also an option not available on the other models (but may not be a big issue to most people). But the 1SG DOES also include:
    Tuscany Leather, 3.42 Final Drive Ratio (the gear ratio in the rear end), and the High Performance Handling package.

Maybe these are petty to most, but if you can afford to pay 60K for a car, why not pay another 5K and get the top of the line? Some of this can be added as "after-market" but I think it says something about OEM versus "pimping your ride."

I agree, might as well get it all the way. Visited several dealers over the weekend. They are telling me the 48k-50k STS are selling great and they are not getting many requests for the 1SG package. I have told 3 dealers what I am looking for (1SG with adaptive cruise, flexible on color, prefer black) and only 1 was willing to look outside of the area (and only if I paid to get the car delivered). Was told of one AWD version but have not driven one and hesitant to order it. Can anyone give me some feedback on the AWD??

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cfpnc
    I agree, might as well get it all the way. Visited several dealers over the weekend. They are telling me the 48k-50k STS are selling great and they are not getting many requests for the 1SG package. I have told 3 dealers what I am looking for (1SG with adaptive cruise, flexible on color, prefer black) and only 1 was willing to look outside of the area (and only if I paid to get the car delivered). Was told of one AWD version but have not driven one and hesitant to order it. Can anyone give me some feedback on the AWD??
    Hey cfpnc,

I, too, had the same wish-list for my STS. I spent a LOT of time debating the AWD. I traded in an '04 SRX with AWD and was glad I did. There was simply too much lash in the AWD system on the SRX for my taste. I asked my salesdude about the AWD system on the STS and he couldn't tell me if it was the same or a different setup. Since the tranny's are all French made and the top-range SRX and STS have so much in common, I suspect they're at least related in heritage.

That being said, I elected NOT to get the AWD as there's precious little snow here in Dallas. I do adore the RWD and - when you turn off all the electronic gewgoggery (traction control, etc) you can get some nice black marks on the street in sport mode! :coolgleam

There is also the mileage factor and the gas guzzler tax. You'll pay $1,900 for the AWD and a $1,000 gas guzzler tax on top of it. I'd seriously ask if AWD is worth the $2,900 up front and the inevitable extra visits to the gas pump. IMHO it just wasn't a good trade.

I, too, had to ask my dealer to look around for a 1SG/59K - color was irrelevant. We finally found one in Missouri - about 550 miles north of Texas. The dealer sent a flatbed to get the car - at no charge to me. The little dealer in MO even went to far as to make my dealer buy two Escalades in addition to my STS before he'd sell the STS. My dealer had 60 Escalades on the lot, so they didn't need two more, but they wanted to make the STS sale....talk about going the extra mile!!!!

My STS is black/black and it looks STUNNING! Only problem is that it's *extremely* susceptible to swirl/scratch marks, so I'm using Zaino products on it and they're really keeping it beautiful.

Best of Luck!!!

John

PTC Sclade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

jworkmans

Hi John: I too have a black STS that has swirl marks. Come to find out they are towel marks from the factory and dealer. Glad your Zaino works. I use Optima car wax purchased from Car Motorspots (see ad on this page). Works great with absolutely no effort. Talked to a verrrrry particular body shop about the swirl marks. Was told to use the new microfiber towels from Sams Club and/or artificial chamois. Have tried the microfiber towels and they really suck up the water. A couple of coats of wax have made the black car look so much better. Have fun with the car.

Paul

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering where I could source some good towells and now I'll be heading on out to Sams ASAP!

Regards,

John

Thanks for the info on the AWD. I am in North Carolina, we have 1-2 snows per year. I drove the Audi A8 over the weekend with AWD and it drove great, but it is not something I am interested in paying all the extra money for. Will keep looking for a sales person who is willing to work for the business. Have owned 2 STS and 1 Escalade so I am an excellent prospect for someone willing to work a little to find a car. Also thanks for the feedback on the swirl marks, as black is my color of choice.

PTC Sclade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hi CFNPC!

I live just a little south of Atlanta near Newnan, Georgia. I dealt with Southtowne Motors in Newnan - 770-253-3131. Ask for Shane Bulloch. My story is that I ordered a 1SF package in November. I then got a good deal on my GM card (they bumped the rebate from a $1000 to $3500) if I bought a car from inventory. Shane found me an exact duplicate in Alabama so I got my car earlier than anticipated. I do not know if they got the one I ordered in yet but Shane worked hard to make sure I got my car during the rebate period. I had ordered Black with cashmere. I did not want the adaptive cruise control (big pain in the neck) or AWD. It has the full package including XM radio which we love (have it now in both the Escalade and the STS). I am sure they would be willing to search for a car for you. Got a pretty good deal as well. If you want to know the particulars you can email me. Good luck! Love the car so far.

Paul

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

There are alot of 58-59k STS's with the 1sf package in the chicago area. Of course in chicago AWD is a high priority for me and of course there are none to be spoken of in my area. I dont want to order becase the demand seems rather high and I am hoping that maybe the AWD will become more available in the future. I think I am going to buy my Escalade now and get my STS in the summer or fall maybe I wll get an 06. Good luck hunting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.