sts 1SG - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, sts 1SG in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well, if they haven't got a VIN, I'd say that the ordering system punted their order out and replaced it ...
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: sts 1SG

Well, if they haven't got a VIN, I'd say that the ordering system punted their order out and replaced it with something else.

It's irritating, but the way our ordering system works is like this:

You can place an order for anything you want, but unless you cross reference it with your allocation, you may accidentally order a car you don't have allocation for, or one that is under constraints (such as the 1SG packages and AWD were for quite some time).

The system does NOT tell you that your order is not fillable, it just takes the order. When the factory tries to fill the order, since we've ordered an "un-orderable" car, they just default to something that's readily available, like a V6 1SB package. We don't know until it's too late.

It's for this very reason that I'm EXTREMELY careful about cross-referencing my allocation and checking constraints. I once ended up with 15 Light Platinum V8 SRXs because several of the colors were not available at the start of production (White Diamond, Moonstone, Red Line..), and I didn't know until the cars started rolling in.

I dont mean to dash your hopes, but that may be what's happened. If you'd like, I can run a locate for you at the office tomorrow and find out if there's any out there in-stock or in transit. Let me know, I'll see if I can help.

-Tony

trmc47 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: sts 1SG

Tony,

If you can be of any help that would be great. I am hoping against hope I get a call tomorrow from Parker saying they have a VIN but I know the chances are not good

Tom

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.