sts 1SG - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, sts 1SG in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; STSgirl: Yes, you have to get the 18" wheels. But, my 1SF HAS adaptive cruise, tuscany leather etc. All I ...
    DVos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: sts 1SG

STSgirl:

Yes, you have to get the 18" wheels. But, my 1SF HAS adaptive cruise, tuscany leather etc. All I did was put 18" wheels on it and I'll have to live without the ZF steering.

I think I may have just gotten lucky. But, go to the Cadillac web site.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just as an FYI. I own the new AWD STS and my wife drives the AWD v8 SRX. The new STS does not ( Thankfully) have the "lash" effects that the SRX sometimes has at low speed. The STS is right on the money....

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Just as an FYI. I own the new AWD STS and my wife drives the AWD v8 SRX. The new STS does not ( Thankfully) have the "lash" effects that the SRX sometimes has at low speed. The STS is right on the money....
    I am SO glad to hear that the STS AWD has the tranny-lash issue resolved. I really liked my AWD SRX - in almost every way - but the lag between the time you hit the pedal and the power hit the street was just too long. I kept having this awful fear that, because of the delay for all that hardware spooling-up, I'd end up popping a transfer case or some other such expensive part.

Thanks for the info!!!

cfpnc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for everyone's help. I went by Arnold Palmer Cadillac in Charlotte, the located what I wanted in 15 minutes (Black on Ebony 1SG with Adaptive) and within 24 hours I worked out the deal. I pick it up tomorrow morning!

Angry Re: sts 1SG

Well you know it had to happen. When I went to pick up my car it was not the 1SG, it was a 1SF missing several options. Today they called and offered an AWD version. I am in NC and don't particularly need it, can I get some feedback on what would be different (other than the obvious)??

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Sorry to hear about the runaround.

I'm a Cadillac dealer in Florida, and hopefully I can help clear up some of your questions regarding options.

The only options you can NOT get on a 1SF are the 3.42 final drive, ZF steering and the 18" wheels wearing the "Summer only" Michelins. Tuscany leather and ACC/HUD can be ordered on a 1SF car.

So if the ZF, shorter final drive and 18" wheels aren't that important, then go with the F package w/optional HUD and Tuscany.

Hope this helps.

-Tony

Thanks, can you also tell me the differences in RWD vs. AWD other than the obvious?

I think the AWD is mainly intended for those who live in harsher climates, especially with how well the 4 channel Stabilitrak functions. Driving in the Florida rain, sandy roads or going around tight corners, the Stabilitrak does an outstanding job of keeping the car pointed where I want it.

The AWD model will have slightly less fuel economy than the RWD. Other than that, just the obvious advantages of AWD. If by your question, you meant "Do any other features come included with all wheel drive?", then no. It is a free-flow option, and only includes the changes to the driveline. (And a cool little "4" next to the STS badge on the decklid )

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

"The only options you can NOT get on a 1SF are the 3.42 final drive . ."

I drove both a 1SE and a 1SF - the difference between the 2.73 (1SE) and 3.23 (1SF) was immediately obvious to me. This is approx. a 15% diff.

The additional approx. 6% diff to 3.42 I think is unlikely to be as discernable to most . . .

Just my $.01 worth (discounted for year end)
    - Ray
    Who would now not consider a 1SE because of this difference . .

trmc47 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I ordered a white diamond STS with the 1SG package and adaptive cruise control back in November. I was told by several dealers including the one I ordered from that it would be here by Jan 3rd. It appears that it will not make it on time. My problem is the gmcard offered me a $3500 rebate if I took delivery by Jan 3rd. I would welcome any advice anyone would have in my trying to get this rebate.

Tom

PTC Sclade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had the same problem in mid November/early December. My salesperson found an exact duplicate for me a couple of hundred of miles away and got hold of it for me. He wanted to make sure I got the $3500 and was worried that the car would not make it in by Jan 3. Tell them to get on the computer and see if they can find one similar or alike and see if they can get if for you. Good Luck. I have not yet seen an STS in the white diamond. Curious what it looks like. I have that color in my 03 Escalade and bought the black raven with cashmere in the STS. Hope it works out for you.

Paul

blocker44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by trmc47
    My problem is the gmcard offered me a $3500 rebate if I took delivery by Jan 3rd. I would welcome any advice anyone would have in my trying to get this rebate.

Tom

I have not heard about the $3500 rebate from GM Card. Is that in addition to your current earnings? Is it available to anyone with a GM card?

Thanks

If your dealer has recieved their allocation and order confirmation, they'll have the VIN and can therefore complete the paperwork for you, punch the car as sold with GM and call to redeem the GM card earnings. GM will assign them a redemption code they can use to get the credit for your earnings. When the car physically arrives, you can take delivery, and they can give you a credit off the bottom line for your GM card earnings (which they've already been paid by GM).

This will cost you a little time off your warranty, since the warranty start date is based on when the car is punched as sold, but it's worth it for $3500.

That's the way I'd do it, anyway.....

They supposedly placed the order back in November but claim they do not have a confirmation or vin number. We were planning to do exactly what you suggested when they get the VIN. I live in Ormond Beach and the selling dealer is Parker Cadillac in St Augustine. Since you are another Florida dealer you may know them.

Tom

The gmcard increases whatever your present earnings are to $3000 then there is an additional $500 for buying certain models. The STS is one model with the additional $500. Go to gmcard.com/topoff for details. Supposedly only offered to a limited number of people.

Tom

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.