Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Short Circuit?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CTBB 
#1 ·
Hi guys im new to this forum and also a new 2005 cadillac sts owner :). I purchased it from a good friend knowing it would need new front struts and the windshield wipers werent working. Fortunately i found some used MRC struts for 100 each from a salvage yard in pretty good condition. As for the wipers, i figured it was a fuse so i looked under the hood and found it was blown. I replaced it and it worked perfectly. After a couple of days, the fuse blew and i replaced it again and again. I got mad so i replaced it with a 20 amp fuse not knowing the consequences. I then noticed immediately that something was burning in the car!! Smoke was coming out from behind the steering wheel. And holy crap i got scared so i removed the wiper switch fuse. I figured i didnt need it for now until i get it fixed. Now the wipers are going off by themselves every time i make a right or left turn and that is annoying especially during 90 degree weather lmfaooo. I figured i'd take a look behind the wheel to see if i can fix it myself but i have absolutely no idea as how to get behind there. Does anybody have any knowledge on how to remove the steering wheel column or maybe the instrument panel? Any advice on my f*** up?

#3 ·
I have experience in electrical work but not with airbags. I figured disconnecting the battery for a while would make sure the airbag doesn't deploy when I take it off. Ur right about the taking somewhere but I refuse to take it to the dealer lmfaoo. They r always on the high side with labor and take their sweetest time. I think I might just take it to my neighborhood mechanic for an estimate. Couldn't hurt. Just hope it doesn't rain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.