Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wheres the tire pressure sticker on a 2006 STS??????

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Pat Appleson 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
Well I just traded my trusty, hardly used, one owner, 1999 Deville with 120K miles on it for a 2006 STS. It's in very good shape with 68K miles on it.
But, I can't seem to find the 'ole door sticker with all the tire pressure info on it. Did they move it. Or could it be that a previous owner painted it over? The car looks almost too good. (grin)

Related question: Where on the forum can I find truth table for the GM Service Parts ID numbers on the inside of the spare tire cover? That way I can tell what's really on the car.

Oh and are these DVD-ROMS for twenty bucks, on Ebay, any good as a complete service manual? Or should I just purchase the $150 job from Helm, Inc.

Thanks
Pat

#5 ·
The marking on the tire is the maximum pressure allowed and is usually much higher than the car manufacturer's recommedation. The tire pressure sticker is on the driver's door post. In fact there are a couple of stickers there. I'd hate to think that your car got smacked hard enough that they'd have to paint over all that stuff.

#7 ·
Thanks to Ranger and everybody who answered. The RPO list was helpful, although it didn't have all the codes listed for a 2006 STS.

And I just looked again for the load/pressure sticker. It's not on mine, not on any of the doors, jambs, posts, nowhere. There is one little sticker for the RR door, to lock the door shut. Child proof. But there is no sticker like it on the LR door. Very interesting........
Again, I have to say, they may have removed it when they did the super detailing job. The car certainly isn't torn up. It is visually stunning for it's age and drives like a dream. And of coarse, un-like my trusty '99 devile with 120K miles, I can go up and down the hills in NC with no service engine MIL lamp and NO codes. Wow, just like a new car.
Thanks for your help.

pat

#10 ·
Unless you are doing flying mile runs at Bonneville, NEVER run your tires at the sidewall "maximum cold inflation pressure" indicated. Guaranteed to wear out the middle tread bands very quickly. For maximum comfort/treadwear/handling follow the owner's manual or recommendations on the tire specs sticker. For a bit of increased handling ability with the sacrifice of some road noise/suspension noise increase, run 2 or 3 psi over the car manufacturer's recommended cold inflation pressure.

The owner's manual and tire specs sticker show cold inflation pressures. NEVER "bleed" warm tires, never check pressures hot, and never add air while hot. Nitrogen tire inflation is a cash cow hype - the air we breathe is already 80% nitrogen and the remaining percentage of 20% teeny weeny oxygen molecules do not sneak out of the tires at night...............

When all else fails, read the tire manufacturer's recommendations for their tires.

Reactions: mjs182004
#11 ·
Thanks to Ludacris VP, for the photo of the pressure 'sticker'. What I've settled on for my V6 2006 STS is 32psi all around and 60psi in the baby spare.
I agree with the Nitrogen hype. People will buy anything!

Here's a tip. I was having trouble with the radio reception, platform and multi-path distortion on FM and generally sucky reception on AM. Check the three 'snaps' with wires attaching to the rear window, combination radio antenna and defogger net. One of mine was just hanging loose about half an inch away. This caused the problem. It's great now. So good, that on a clear day, I can pickup Jerry Blavit, "the geater with the heater, the boss with the hot sauce". But I guess, Philly isn't that far away. (grin)
Okay, I'm out of material.
PS. if you're into old C&W Catch my show, Pat's Country Classics®, Sundays 9-noon EDT at www.knotfm.co.uk and 24/7 on www.countryradiousa.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.