Standard of The World- 1SG STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Standard of The World- 1SG STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My Blue Chip 1SG AWD STS was delivered to me 5 day's ago and I just want to tell everyone ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Standard of The World- 1SG STS

My Blue Chip 1SG AWD STS was delivered to me 5 day's ago and I just want to tell everyone that it is the " Perfect" car ! I cannot express how awesome this STS drives. The ride is so much better then my '04 CTS with Lux/Perf and the interior makes me fell like I really am in a high end luxery car.

I drove the STS on Friday through some rough roads in the Bronx on my way to Elmsford NY. IT HANDELED THE ROUGH ROADS BRILLENTLY AND I HARDLY FELT THE POTHOLES. I did not want to stop driving the car, it is that nice! On Wednesday ( my fist day driving to work) we had a real bad wind / rain storm in NY and the STS felt rock solid .

The fit and finish are perfect. Every body panel lines up like a German car ( if not better). I have bionic ears and I can tell you there is NO squeeks and rattles in the STS. The keyless entry is sweet and the Bose system is fantastic. My wife has a SRX AWD V8 and I can tell you that the AWD STS fells much faster and more nimble through the corners.

Because my '04 CTS was such a great car I almost did not buy the STS. I also tried to talk my way out of buying the STS because it was first year build. However, I bet on the fact that everything is riding on this car for Cadillac/GM and I know they delayed the rollout of the STS by a year to make sure it was done right. Hence, I went for it and I am very , very glad I did. Hands down, the nicest car I have ever owned or have ever driven.

The STS will offically bring back Cadillac's old tag line again ;

THE STANDARD OF THE WORLD............

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mikethegreeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Standard of The World- 1SG STS

Glad to hear it !

Congrats on the purchase BTW

harryctsv is offline Banned

Hi DG2

Itīs nice to hear, congrats to this great car!!!

The more I hear of the new STS, the more I want one, but I still have to wait about 2-3 months till the export-models arrive here in germany.

My experience with Cadillac was allways the best but now the cars got so good (XLR - CTS - SRX and STS) they can easyly compete with merc. and bmw.

in aug this year I talked to BOB LUTZ - Vice Chairman of Cadillac and the best what could happen is to get this great guy.

Is your blue chip interior cashmere or ebony? Some pics possible?

Thanks

Harry

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Congrats! I'm happy you like your car, and hope it doesn't disappoint you. I would also hope it's head and shoulders above your CTS, considering how much more they cost. Living in the NYC area, your car will get banged around more than anywhere else in the country. If it resists the creation of squeeks and rattles, Cadillac HAS done a good job for sure. I'll be interested to see how things go over the next year or so.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The interior is cashmere and looks beautiful. Actually, you cannot order the black interior with Blue Chip.

DVos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am right there with you on the 1SG. I am over 1,500 miles on my black on black. Every one of your points is dead on. This car has a flavor that the Japanese and German counterparts simply don't have.

Lexus and BMW are GREAT cars. The STS is certainly their equal. But it has the added element of differentiation that I love.

I got some bitchin' 18" custom chrome wheels for mine. As soon as I get a photo I'll post it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.