'06 STS Cruise Control not working....Fuse? Does nto have ACC.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, '06 STS Cruise Control not working....Fuse? Does nto have ACC. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all, after looking over the XTS I decided I wanted a V8 car smaller than the DTS and bigger ...
    Wysguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 STS(V8), '06 XLRV, '05 Escalade EXT,'04 DTS, '91 Seville

'06 STS Cruise Control not working....Fuse? Does nto have ACC.

Hello all, after looking over the XTS I decided I wanted a V8 car smaller than the DTS and bigger than the CTS so I ended up buying a used STS. 3k miles into it I have had no issues and I am enjoying the car, with one exception, the cruise control. After taking delivery of the vehicle in Hayward CA, driving to La and the Bullhead City I made several attempts to operate the cruise control. This is not my first Cadillac or Gm vehicle by far. The system does not activate at all when it is in the "On" position on the turn signal stalk . Today I decided to pull out the manual as I was ordering the free upgrade DVD for the Navi and cannot find where the fuse is either (other cars it was the fuse blown). Could someone please advise where the fuse is located (under hood or under rear seat?) and which one it is. I would go to the dealership but this seems to be a easy fix and while I do not have a problem with doing things myself I figure why waste the time and money. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Do you have the HUD? If the HUD is turned off the cruise will not work at all, at least for the ACC cars. But since you could get HUD without ACC some years it's possible they forgot to allow you to turn off HUD and still have cruise.

Otherwise if you are excessively braking hard in hot weather the cruise will disable for this too this does leave a DTC behind but doesn't illuminate a service light.

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55

Cool Re: '06 STS Cruise Control not working....Fuse? Does nto have ACC.

You didn't mention if you pushed the button on the "END" of the stalk to activate
    the Cruise Control ? Above 28 MPH & what Ludacrisvp said above...

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: '06 STS Cruise Control not working....Fuse? Does nto have ACC.

There is voltage supplied to the cruise control switch which is protected using a 2A fuse in the integrated Instrument Panel Module Fuse block located under the dash somewhere along the steering column. If you have conventional cruise control, there are no other fuses as this option is managed by the ECM and other modules in the car. If the problem was a fuse supplying one of these modules you would have several other problems.

If you have distance sensing cruise control, there is a fuse in the under hood fuse block labelled "CCP". This is only if your car has option RPO code K59.

There are various other conditions that will inhibit the system but the fuse(s) are generally a good starting point.

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

I had this problem and had it fixed under warranty last Year. 2006 V8.

They replaced the wiper switch #1999391 F-Switch.
    From service order-
    "Scan tool found code B3497 stored in ECM. Tested power, ground, and signal to switch. Tested resistance across switch when activating cruise switch and found an open in switch. Replaced and retested. Working as designed."

It works great and I have had no further problems. Used is this summer on a 2K mile trip.

Wysguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 STS(V8), '06 XLRV, '05 Escalade EXT,'04 DTS, '91 Seville

OK I do not have HUD or Adaptive. Since i have normal cruise control it seems as if the switch needs to be replaced. :/. As far as i can see I am out of warranty with is being a '06 and 80k miles.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

The stalk isn't all that spendy. Get 'er done!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.